PDA

View Full Version : TC pro hunter Katahdin extractor problem

canuck4570
12-27-2007, 11:24 AM
anyone has this problem....
have a brand new Katahdin in 500 sw
when entering a shell it passes the extractor leaving it out and the shell sit in the chamber..so I have to pull out the shell and push both the shell and extractor so they would be correctly loaded....
after shooting it does not extrac the extractor just come out leaving the empty shell in the chamber ... so I have to use a small screw driver to pull out this empty cartrige....
at home examined the problem.... put a .015 paper shim under the extractor and it solved the problem.....but paper is a quick fix to me..... call TC but thecnicien off till 7 january.... any suggestion....and happy holidays to you....

Wayne Smith
12-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Where did you get it?? I've been looking for one of those for a couple of years.

Underclocked
12-27-2007, 01:31 PM
I would remove the extractor and see if there is a burr on the bottom near the front - causing it to have a very slight downward angle. The only thing I can think of beyond that would be to create the same shim effect along the complete underside of that extractor with?? maybe the same sort of tape used in Beagling a mold?

lathesmith
12-27-2007, 02:41 PM
You've found the problem, the extractor is not quite right. You may be able to remove it and **slightly** bend it upwards and cure your problem. If it was mine and I bought it brand new I would either return it or send it to T/C, or at least contact them and see if they would send you a new extractor.
lathesmith

canuck4570
12-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Where did you get it?? I've been looking for one of those for a couple of years.
strange.... I ordered it and about 3 weeks later ther it was .... on top of that I live near Montreal Canada.....

canuck4570
12-28-2007, 02:23 PM
I would remove the extractor and see if there is a burr on the bottom near the front - causing it to have a very slight downward angle. The only thing I can think of beyond that would be to create the same shim effect along the complete underside of that extractor with?? maybe the same sort of tape used in Beagling a mold?
ingnorant here..... what is this type of tape and what is beagling a mold.....

canuck4570
12-28-2007, 02:27 PM
You've found the problem, the extractor is not quite right. You may be able to remove it and **slightly** bend it upwards and cure your problem. If it was mine and I bought it brand new I would either return it or send it to T/C, or at least contact them and see if they would send you a new extractor.
lathesmith
already call them but the thecnician are of till the 7 january....will try to get a extractor that is .015 thicker ....

45nut
12-28-2007, 02:29 PM

http://ktsammo.250x.com/castboolits/cst3.html

there ya go.:coffee:

Scrounger
12-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Go to: http://www.castpics.net/index2.htm, then 'Articles By Members' and finally 'Bullet Diameter Enlargement.'

I wish we could link directly to the articles instead of giving a link and then 'map' directions.