PDA

View Full Version : From Ingot to Target on a Kindle?

oldfart1956
03-19-2014, 09:03 PM
For the computer geeks out there. My older brother doesn't have a computer and probably never will...old school. But he's a dedicated handloader and I want him to read Ingot to Target....and his wife has a Kindle. I know zip about Kindles. Do they have a usb port to plug a thumbdrive in? I have Ingot to Target saved on a thumbdrive and was wondering if he can just plug it in and read or what? I did use the search function and saw mention of "converting it to Kindle format" and of course...don't know what that is. :oops: Can I do that through Adobe? I don't remember if I downloaded the html version or pdf but will download it again on a new thumbdrive in whatever format works best for the Kindle, and go to Adobe and do a conversion if that is an option. I'll get to see him at the end of this month so hoping to have this done for him by then. Thanks fellers. Audie...the befuddled Oldfart..

N4AUD
03-19-2014, 09:06 PM
No, nowhere to plug in your USB drive. He can get online with his Kindle though. I notice we have the same first name, by the way!

Dale in Louisiana
03-19-2014, 10:22 PM
He can (or you can) email the document to a Kindle. Every registered Kindle has an email address assigned. You can send documents (pdf, mobi) to the Kindle.

Or you can plug your Kindle into your computer and transfer them.

dale in Louisiana

Handloader109
03-19-2014, 11:01 PM
If she has a newer 'color' kindle, fire or hd model that can search the web, then he could use the kindle to browse and read the html version. If not there are a couple of programs that will convert PDF to mobi (kindle file format) Calibre is one of those that is free. It can then be emailed to the kindle.