PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad !

6pt-sika
12-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Whether you think its good or bad the cats out of the bag .

Marlin will be purchased by Remington Arms , with the deal supposedly finalized by the end of January 2008 .

Being someone that likes both Marlin levers and Remington bolts this is not a big issue with me provided it isn't detrimental to either company . I am sure there will be changes that I do not care for , but in the long run if it works out for both companies what the heck , at least they will still be made in thsi country (I hope).

I am sure there are some of you who may not feel quite as optimistic about this purchase as I but just remmember this they could have been purchased by someone who would remove them from this country or worse yet remove them from firearms manufacture all together !!!!

6pt-sika
12-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Well on one or two other forums I have seen people already making reference to pre Remington Marlin's .

Perhaps its time to liquidate part of my accumulation !!!! Maybe downsize by 50% that would put 40 of mine on the block [smilie=1:

Johnch
12-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Well on one or two other forums I have seen people already making reference to pre Remington Marlin's .

Perhaps its time to liquidate part of my accumulation !!!! Maybe downsize by 50% that would put 40 of mine on the block [smilie=1:

I am sure I would take 1 or 2 if you priced them right
..............You do take food stamps .............right :mrgreen::mrgreen:

80 Marlins ...................I thought I was doing great with a 45/70 , 22 and a 35 Rem on order

John

joatmon
12-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I was wondering what the gougers at the gun shows would call them. Pre Remington Marlins? Guess thats good as any.

Bass Ackward
12-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Remlins.

charger 1
12-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Man I sure hope they glop some of those gorgeous rem sights onto the levers. You know the ones that rem made 100 trillion of in the 60's and they stick them on everything. That would sure catch the eye. A lever with that gorpy ramp....Lovin it

scb
12-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Unfortunate. Beginning of the end for the last US made classic leverguns. Probably get'em outsourced to Ukraine. I'll have to see if I can find that 35 rem. 336 that I've "sorta" been looking for NOW. (Yea I know there's Savage and Ruger but with their rotary mags I don't consider them "classic" levers, they're probably better):(

Lloyd Smale
12-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I dont agree with the complainers sure some of what rem has done lately i dont agree with like there imported mausers. But if you look at there lineup its bigger then ever and has more bolts chambered in neat rounds and in cool configurations then ever. Ive owned a good many 700s and have never had one that wasnt a shooter. I personaly think if anything marlins quality control has taken a nose dive in the last couple years and maybe its because they were just cutting the bottom line to closely and with a bigger company behind them they will have more capitol to deal with. They also will have a huge reasearch and developement dept behind them and even an ammunition manufactureing company so maybe we will see some cool stuff come out of them. Alos it could be worse marlin could have went under and alot of good americans would be having a pretty crappy christmas after loosing there jobs!

floodgate
12-27-2007, 09:55 PM
scb:

"Probably get'em outsourced to Ukraine."

Ackshully, if the Ukraine-made sights marketed by Sergio Pustogorodsky under the "Parts Unknown" logo in Canada, it'd prolly be an improvement.

And....wasn't it announced the other day that Remington had recently been bought out by some big conglomerate?

Lessee...H&R 1871 was bought out some years back by Marlin, who has been bought out by Remington, who is now owned by...???

I'm getting dizzy!

floodgate

floodgate
12-27-2007, 10:00 PM
scb:

"Probably get'em outsourced to Ukraine."

Ackshully, if the replica tang and front sights made in Ukraine and marketed by Sergio Pustogorodsky in Canada under the "Parts Unknown" logo are any indication, that'd prolly be an improvement.

Lessee....H&R 1871 was bought out a few years back by Marlin, who has just been bought out by Remington, who was recently acquired by some big financial conglomerate, who....

I'm getting all confused...

floodgate

scb
12-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Lloyd I live less than 30 miles from Ilion. You don't want to know the horror stories that are told by people that work there. I too own several 700's and yes you can MAKE a good rifle out of them. Their line up is bigger - by importing junk. The only goal set for engineering - make it cheaper, IE 710, 770. It is truly sad. Do you really think that Marlin will be anything other than the redheaded stepchild in management's eyes. If nothing else Remington's managed to eliminate some of the competition. I will be very surprised if you see anything that remotely resembles a Marlin being produced 5 year from now.

Scrounger
12-28-2007, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't blame the engineers for cheapening things, that bag belongs to the accountants who pressure the engineers to save pennies on their designs. Left to their own devices, the natural pride and ego of the engineer would give birth to magnificent products, as near perfect as he could make them.

Swamprat1052
12-28-2007, 08:08 PM
The people that own Bushmaster bought out Remington this year. Lots of things changing hands, don't know how it will all work out. Maybe a Marlin 30-30 AR?

I dunno.

Swamprat

scb
12-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Scrounger. I agree absolutely. I can't imagine getting up every morning and going to a job like that tho. I guess I'm lucky I don't have to.