PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Single Ten

jrayborn
03-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Anyone have one? Thoughts? I just won a Lipsey's 4.6" blued off Gunbroker and hoping to hear good things about them. It's going to be either my first or second single action depending on if it or the Bearcat Shop-Keeper gets here first.

Can you say anticipation?

onegunred
03-16-2014, 08:27 PM
I had a Single 10 in Stainless with the 5.5" barrel ( swapped it for a CZ 455 Varmint). I would have much rather had the one you are getting. The balance on the blued 4.62" is a lot different (to me better) than the 5.5" Stainless. They are good guns, I do have a blued 4.64" Single Six convertible that I like a lot. You should be happy with it.

contender1
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
While I do not personally own one,, (I own a lot of Rugers but just not one of those,,, yet,,,,!) I have shot 2 so far. Both were quite nice & shot as I expected them to. Not a match gun, but plenty of a good quality field gun.

jrayborn
03-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Its actually kind of amusing that you can find these guns all over, but no ammo :)

BCRider
03-17-2014, 07:01 AM
A shooting buddy got one recently. I got to shoot a cylinder from it and the grouping was fine and the trigger was very nice and crisp.

Folks always say that these aren't match guns. But it's very likely that these guns shoot much better than the big majority of the owners.

I know that my old 60's vintage 3 screw Single Six shoots better than many of my other guns. Some of my best ever groups at 20 yards at my club's indoor range have been with that old six shooter.

osteodoc08
03-17-2014, 08:05 AM
I had a single six I had to let go when times were lean. I miss it. I've also had a smith 617 that would have been a darling, but it spit lead in my face all the time. I didn't have time for such a disrespectful gun!