PDA

View Full Version : Insanity is here

Char-Gar
03-16-2014, 04:54 PM
As a Lyman/Ideal 310 fan I watch the prices on these things. Over the past six months I have seen a slow increase in sale prices, but in the past two weeks they have really spiked. They have been priced out of my reach for the most part.

Firebricker
03-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Worse yet insanity seems to have made its self comfortable ! Char is there anything or caliber in particular you're after ? When I travel for work I always hit the small gun shops and find treasure now and then. I will keep my eye opened for you. FB

Char-Gar
03-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Worse yet insanity seems to have made its self comfortable ! Char is there anything or caliber in particular you're after ? When I travel for work I always hit the small gun shops and find treasure now and then. I will keep my eye opened for you. FB

30-30 and 32 Winchester Special, either sets or individual dies. Any thing you find will be appreciated.

texassako
03-16-2014, 06:26 PM
I am really glad I felt the need to grab some of the older caliber specific tong tools several years ago for my Remington Model 8's. I have given up hope finding an actual, affordable .25 Remington die set. Kind of fun loading for them as they would have back in the day, but not for a higher price than a regular press and dies.

Green Frog
03-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Hey Char-Gar, I've got a boxed complete, as new 32 Win Spl set I got to satisfy myself that it could be used interchangeably with the 32-40 set. As one enabler to another, I would be willing to swap it off... watchagottotrade?? :D

Send me a PM

Froggie

Char-Gar
03-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Hey Char-Gar, I've got a boxed complete, as new 32 Win Spl set I got to satisfy myself that it could be used interchangeably with the 32-40 set. As one enabler to another, I would be willing to swap it off... watchagottotrade?? :D

Send me a PM

Froggie

I would like those and have lots of stuff to trade. I have a supply of Smith and Wesson factory revolver grips, loading dies, etc. Give me an idea of what your are looking for.

Green Frog
03-17-2014, 12:07 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a spare 32-20 die set (either TL JR or 310) you might like to trade, would you? I'm in good shape on all the other pistol class cartridges (and rifle class cartridges) I'm likely to reload this way. I have some of the more esoteric calibers of 310 dies that I am thinking of letting go... you don't need a set of 38-40 or 444 Marlin dies, do you? I'm in pretty good shape with the factory S&W grips for the revolvers I own, but am on the lookout for a pair of K-frame Sandersons.

Froggie

Char-Gar
03-17-2014, 12:42 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a spare 32-20 die set (either TL JR or 310) you might like to trade, would you? I'm in good shape on all the other pistol class cartridges (and rifle class cartridges) I'm likely to reload this way. I have some of the more esoteric calibers of 310 dies that I am thinking of letting go... you don't need a set of 38-40 or 444 Marlin dies, do you? I'm in pretty good shape with the factory S&W grips for the revolvers I own, but am on the lookout for a pair of K-frame Sandersons.

Froggie

I have a really good set of RCBS 32-20 (3 die set) dies with shell holder available, but nothing in 310 in that caliber. I have had these RCBS dies for 20 years and have never used them. Before that they belonged to a friend who passed away, I think he loaded 200 rounds with them.