PDA

View Full Version : What to do with stick-on WWs

benjamin.a.young
03-15-2014, 12:21 AM
I have 40#s of stick-on WWs and my research tells me these have far less antimony & tin than the cilip-on WWs. I don't have any interest in soft lead boolits. Can I cast these stickers into ingots and sell them? Does anyone want them or cast soft lead boolits an needs this type of lead.

badbob454
03-15-2014, 12:32 AM
yes it is a nice source of soft lead perfect for muzzle loaders or shotgun slugs, or for softening hard lead to hunt with... just a warning they smoke a bunch i put candle wax and sawdust on top and light it when smelting

Old School Big Bore
03-15-2014, 01:05 AM
You may one day want some soft lead for tempering down your wheelweight for casting wadcutters or hollow points. Smelt em down & stamp the ingots 'Pb' & store em away or sell em or trade em for solder or whatever.

bumpo628
03-15-2014, 01:06 AM
I'd save it in case you want to soften up some monotype or linotype. Or sell it when you get a medium flat rate box full ( @ 70 lbs )

leadman
03-15-2014, 02:16 AM
I have a Harbor Freight cast iron pot with a lid. I put the SOWW in and put the lid on and crank the heat.I lift the lid slightly to see how much smoke is present and put it back down if there is alot. This helps reduce the amount of smoke present when you take the lid off.