PDA

View Full Version : I caught George in my Garage!

BrassMagnet
03-14-2014, 10:08 PM
I caught George in my garage!
My new warning system seems to be working!
I'm not sure what he was trying to take and I'm not sure if he succeeded, but I finally managed to get my hands on him.
He is tougher than I thought. I grabbed him from behind and I tried to throw him on the floor, but he fought like a demon! I was over matched. I guess I need more exercise. Maybe I should have shot him, but the "Make my Day Act" doesn't apply if you shoot them in the back.
He dropped a piece of wood. I sure hope it wasn't my Magma mould storage block. If it was, I might have lost some nice moulds! I'll go check after my heart stops pounding!

BrassMagnet
03-14-2014, 10:16 PM
I thought it was just a piece of board, but it looked a little bit too shiny for a Magma mould storage block. Those are just unfinished 2x4 lumber with some fancy slots cut in them with a router. This board was pretty short and had a real shiny finish.
I was surprised when I turned it over and saw the holes in it!
It's a loading block. I tried some Hornet brass for fit. Wow are those holes big! Bigger than a 7MM Rem Mag. I just had to see if a .338 Lapua Magnum would fit.
Whoopee! Look at this!

CastingFool
03-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Nice pick up

472x1B/A
03-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Hey that loading block sure looks familar. Is that one of them blocks from beezapilot? I got with him a while back and had a cople made. Oh man they sure are perty, and shiny, and perfect holes too. I'am thinking of havin some more made by him. But, if that 'George' guy even thinks about coming around here to pilfer any of my load blocks, well he just might end up giten back shot, or eeven front shot.

Hey, that beezapilot guy really does do a great job on making them loading blocks, and has a reasonable price too.

BrassMagnet
03-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Hey that loading block sure looks familar. Is that one of them blocks from beezapilot? I got with him a while back and had a cople made. Oh man they sure are perty, and shiny, and perfect holes too. I'am thinking of havin some more made by him. But, if that 'George' guy even thinks about coming around here to pilfer any of my load blocks, well he just might end up giten back shot, or even front shot.

Hey, that beezapilot guy really does do a great job on making them loading blocks, and has a reasonable price too.

George must have the keys to Beezapilot's work shop! It sure is a nice loading block! .338 Lapua Mag is too big for most loading blocks.

beezapilot
03-18-2014, 03:36 AM
You know, I think that rascal raided my 'fridge while he was there....

BrassMagnet
03-18-2014, 07:14 AM
You know, I think that rascal raided my 'fridge while he was there....

Did he drink all of your beer?

My Sam Adams keeps disappearing.

histed
03-19-2014, 06:43 PM
OK, I'll regret this, I'm sure, but I gotta ask - who the hairy heck is George????

Cag40Navy
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
OK, I'll regret this, I'm sure, but I gotta ask - who the hairy heck is George????

George is a slippery, slimy, sneaky creature that is attracted reloading benches and gun cabinets all over the world. He will make off with your goodies and drop them off at another bench or cabinet when something else catches his eye. Just look around at what George has done and be careful, you might be next.

DLCTEX
03-20-2014, 12:09 AM
He's made off with my Little Dandy powder measure, but left all 16 rotors behind. I had it just a few weeks ago loading 44 mag. and the door to my reloading room has a deadbolt that is kept locked. He is one sneaky dude.
George must read this forum as posting on this thread reminded me I left brass going in the tumbler ours ago and went out to turn it off. There in it's bench holder sits the Little Dandy in plain sight. It must have made him feel bad for having taken it. Now he needs to return my shell holder for 480 Ruger.

Zymurgy50
03-20-2014, 11:37 AM
I think George was here!!! There is a hole on the shelf where a green box of dies used to sit! The loading bench looks like it has been rearranged! I can't tell for sure but maybe something else is missing also... Looking outside the window there are fresh tracks in the melting snow. I wonder where George will turn up next.

histed
03-20-2014, 12:17 PM
THAT's where that box of small pistol primers went! Any of you guys inherit a box of CCI primers? And I seem to have acquired a second set of calipers. Hummm??

Hardcast416taylor
03-20-2014, 03:23 PM
If something is missing from any of my benches or cabinets, the first name I mention is "Gary must have been here"!Robert

Radarsonwheels
03-25-2014, 03:53 PM
There was a parts manager at the local Ford dealership that had tourettes and was always yelling at 'Tony'. I bought parts a few times from him before I met a mechanic that worked there and told me what was going on- there is a Tony there but he usually didn't do anything wrong. The tourettes was getting him cursed out all the time though!

Radarsonwheels
03-25-2014, 03:55 PM
F'n Tony! I shot 100 rounds of .30 carbine and now there's only 98 pieces of brass!! He's stealing my autoloader brass again and selling it to George!!

40-82 hiker
03-25-2014, 06:51 PM
I recently bought 4 MTM ammo boxes for .45 ACP at a pawn shop and put them on a shelf in sight. I went to get them the other day and they were gone! I looked all over the place before going back to the same shelf, and George had put them back in the bag I had brought them home in, and put them on the same shelf I had originally looked for them. Sneaky devil! The purloined ammo boxes!

Now if I could only find my .45LC die set he has taken. Anyone see them? RCBS. Need them to teach reloading to a friend. I no longer have a .45LC, but my friend does. If George does not give them back soon I'm in the dog house. Three die set. Made of steel. Green box. Anyone know where George put them?

BrassMagnet
03-25-2014, 08:21 PM
F'n Tony! I shot 100 rounds of .30 carbine and now there's only 98 pieces of brass!! He's stealing my autoloader brass again and selling it to George!!

If we were on the same range, I am surprised you found any of them.
I have been accused of catching the brass from a semiauto rifle or pistol without breaking my position. Just imagine how that impacts my follow through!

sdalcher
03-30-2014, 09:47 AM
George visited a while back and brought a nice set of dies that I needed. I watched like a hawk and he left with no issues. Went back down to the loading room yesterday. The sneaky little fellow made off with two project Benjamin air rifles that had been hanging out for a few years. When George comes calling lock up your goodies! ;-)

BrassMagnet
03-30-2014, 10:01 AM
George visited a while back and brought a nice set of dies that I needed. I watched like a hawk and he left with no issues. Went back down to the loading room yesterday. The sneaky little fellow made off with two project Benjamin air rifles that had been hanging out for a few years. When George comes calling lock up your goodies! ;-)

I'm sure he has a habit of returning again and again!

GOPHER SLAYER
03-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Each time I buy a collection of reloading gear I get one or two more loading blocks. I have attached pictures of the wooden ones but I have several others made of plastic. Some are made of pine but most are made of hardwoods like this beautiful two inch thick piece of walnut with sixty holes drilled in it. I never use any of them.

GOPHER SLAYER
03-30-2014, 04:38 PM
OOPS. I said there were sixty holes in the block of walnut. What I meant to say was that there were sixty rounds of unfired Winchester 45-70 cases in the block when I got it.

nagantguy
03-30-2014, 04:40 PM
He got hold of all my shell holders and hand priming tool, I was looking everywhere then found them 2 days later everything that was missing was back on the shelf behind the bench except my .38 Rcbs shell holder.

sdalcher
03-30-2014, 07:52 PM
You could still make a conversation piece stock out of that block! That is a nice piece