PDA

View Full Version : Kimber 84m svt - opinions

2AMMD
03-14-2014, 06:40 PM
My son and I are just getting started in 223 (building an AR). But I want an accurate bolt action in the same caliber. Kimber makes a short rifle (84m SVT) in 223. Does anyone have one of these Kimbers and how accurate are they? It's a lot of money, but worth it if it is accurate.
2AMMD

Nobade
03-16-2014, 12:48 AM
We all know rifles are all individuals. They are generally well made, have some interesting design features, and look nice. Most shoot pretty well. All can be made to be better. But you never know how good until you shoot the actual one you buy. As the famous quote from Ren and Stimpy said, "Maybe something good, maybe something bad. You never know."

-Nobade

Love Life
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Honestly, you can be confident that most factory rifles will shoot 1 MOA at 100 yds with factory fodder. The kimber is a bit of a step up from the Remington, Savages, Howas, etc so 1 MOA should be the rule. With hand loads you should expect .75 MOA. This is all guessing, but it should be pretty close.

lefty o
03-17-2014, 01:36 PM
you can do alot of research, and i think you'll find the one problem with kimber rifles is that they are hit or miss with regards to accuracy. some shoot very well, while others very poorly. its possible they have gotten their act together, but as of a few short years ago, i wouldnt waste my time looking at one. in the same market, ive come to really like Cooper firearms.

felix
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
The current Cooper line is the equal of the old Kimber of Oregon line. The current Kimbers are a few dollars short until otherwise shown. Want an accurate BR quality 22 out of the box? Check out the Daystate air guns. They shoot 25 yard "screamer" groups ALL day long. ... felix

2AMMD
03-22-2014, 01:54 AM
Thanks for all the input. I'll do some more looking
2AMMD

osteodoc08
04-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I have a Kimber Varmint in 22-250 and it is lights out accurate. Sub MOA is the norm. My latest shooting took me out to 200 yards and was AVERAGING around 1.5" Largest was 2" range and smallest 1.25". Its a beautiful gun and action is smooth. It seems to really like the IMR 8208 XBR powder with your choice of 50-55gr Jwerd.

starmac
04-06-2014, 01:43 AM
The current Cooper line is the equal of the old Kimber of Oregon line. The current Kimbers are a few dollars short until otherwise shown. Want an accurate BR quality 22 out of the box? Check out the Daystate air guns. They shoot 25 yard "screamer" groups ALL day long. ... felix

LOL. Does Daystate make air rifle AR's too. lol

Nobade
04-06-2014, 07:57 AM
LOL. Does Daystate make air rifle AR's too. lol

No, they have too much class for that. Leave those to the cheesy airgun manufacturers. Daystates are the real deal.

-Nobade