PDA

View Full Version : Need a smith to convert rolling block from rf to cf

260 Striker
03-13-2014, 12:09 AM
I want to convert my Rem #4 rolling block to 32 S&W Long but need a smith to convert the block from rimfire to centerfire. Any recommendations on a good smith to do the conversion? My local smith thought he could do it but it would probably take him a year at the speed he does work. Appreciate any contact info anyone can provide. Can pm me at shultza@watchtv.net if preferred not to give this advice on the forum. I posted this same comment on another thread but think it got ignored there. Hope I didn't violate any posting rules by making this a stand alone thread. Thanks.

missionary5155
03-13-2014, 08:53 AM
Good morning
Remington RB #4 breachblocks are not hard to come by. Rollingblockparts .com is one of those places ... A search will turn up a nice list.
Member here John Taylor has accomplised several projects for me in good time.. 253 445 4073.
Mike in Peru

Crank
03-13-2014, 12:41 PM
I have converted and bushed several breech blocks, it's not terribly difficult if you have access to a lathe. However, here is a Midway video to give you an idea. http://videos.midwayusa.com/index.php/show/how_to_convert_a_rolling_block_rimfire_to_centerfi re?id=1_ppv2bq6u
This type of conversion only works if the firing pin is offset for rimfire, if the firing pin is concentric (as I recall in a #4), you have to bore out the length of the block, install an insert and then drill a new hole. Best of luck!

Mark