PDA

View Full Version : 300 blackout load data for swage bullet

rossrods
03-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Hey Guys, before I start I do have manuals, but LOL only one (Horandy) to be exact with printed data for the 300 blackout in sierra and one for Barnes. In any event swaged bullets workout different than factory ammo. In starting a load design for said is it best to look at the load data in this case it's Horandy's 9th latest edition for the closest bullet weight, powder charge/type, and coal for their projectile closest to the one I developed. The biggest concern is depth to seat the swaged bullet? Just got my chrono so starting at maybe a low to mid range powder charge would be ideal. Swaged details is a 170 grain flat base hollow point with imr 4227 powder. Horandy says 11.8 to 14.2 imr 4227, coal at 2.215" for their 168 grain bullets in different types. Any advice beside's wear safety glasses. Would this be the correct starting point?

rossrods
03-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Sorry guys just noticed I dropped this in cb loads.

Jupiter7
03-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Most factory data is pretty safe. Also most is at .223 saami pressure specs not 5.56. Your OAL seems a tad long. With flat base bullets, I always start with base even with bottom of case neck. Also most 168's are long with a boattail. Is this an autoloader? What's your goal?