PDA

View Full Version : Swede Nelson.....

shredder
03-12-2014, 09:07 AM
I LOVE your mould! I bought the 360 FN copy of the RCBS boolit in a 5 banger. Now that I have learned how to cast with a gang mould I can say it is the best mould I have ever cast with. Once heated up it casts keepers from every cavity. I cannot tell it's boolits apart visually, with my scale, micrometer, or on target. They are perfect replicas of each other.

I "thought" I had some good moulds, but this one throws virtually no rejects once heated up. Normally I will inspect my casts under a magnifying light and cull the visible defects, but my last batch of 200 or so from your mould made me realize that I was in entirely new territory. I discarded a total of one boolit.

Thanks for the instant upgrade to my casting. I just can't say enough good.:-D:-D:-D

rintinglen
03-12-2014, 10:29 AM
That scoundrel is the worst enabler I know of.
Every time I think I have all the molds I need, he makes something else I "have" to have. If his stuff wasn't so darned good, I'd find it easier to "just say no," but he makes excellent stuff at reasonable prices. And he always makes a few extras on his group buy runs, just to tempt me. A 200 grain 38 S&W mold for an Enfield? a flat nosed 311-440 copy? Multi-cavity louverins? Yeah he's done those. I only have 8 or 9 of his molds--today. Don't ask me a year from now.

captaint
03-12-2014, 01:08 PM
That Swede Nelson guy and his friends do have a way of making some great boolit molds.. Never had a problem with any one I own. All those little bottles of Bullplate......... Mike

osteodoc08
03-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Eh, I wouldnt bother with his molds.

Who wants a superior mold capable of casting consistent product for years and decades to come while providing you an endless supply of smiles?

If I had enough money, I'd buy every one so that other mortals would not be subject to his abuses.

Of course I'm kidding. I have several of his molds and love every single one of them. I also love the fact that they are all made here in the USA. My last mold from him was the 413230 mold that Blammer designed and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite 41 mag molds.

Love Life
03-12-2014, 02:45 PM
His moulds just flat out work like they are supposed to. I'm currently eyeballing his .358 inventory so I can feed the wife's 38 special snubby. I rarely fool with any other mould maker these days. Now if RCBS would produce 4 cavity moulds...

Blammer
03-12-2014, 07:12 PM
I think a HB wad cutter is in order for your snubby for practice and plinking. :)

wch
03-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Molds made in the USA by a master craftsman; I own six of them.

Elkins45
03-12-2014, 08:55 PM
I own 4 NOE, 3 M-P and 2 Mountain Molds. All of them are just super performers.

Three years ago all I owned were Lee. I have to stop myself from signing up for more, and from playing with the MM online design tool. It's an addiction.

shredder
03-12-2014, 09:15 PM
I got the sprue plate lube, and tools as well. I thought the lube looked an awful lot like bullplate! Classy mould, that 5 banger, but now I need a bigger pot. That thing is thirsty. Makes very short work of my 10 pound pot.

Boolseye
03-12-2014, 10:05 PM
My NOEs are my Pride and joy.

colt1960
03-12-2014, 10:08 PM
I started out with Lyman molds.Then one single Ranch Dog mold, then he went out of bussiness. I have since bought 8 NOE molds straight. I think they are fine molds and at a fair price. I know without question there will be more NOE mold in my future. Rick!!

Djones
03-13-2014, 05:22 AM
I have four NOE molds. They are the first custom and hollow point mold I had ever bought. I now own four NOE molds and am eyeballing my fifth and sixth.... and tenth NOE mold.

Very well made and easy to use!

Love Life
03-13-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty sure they use unicorn tears as cutting fluid when making their moulds.

Green Frog
03-13-2014, 12:04 PM
I bought his 314008 four cavity mould expecting it to drop 115 grain bullets, but was pleased to discover that with COWW sweetened with a couple of per cent Tin, it drops a beautiful 125 grain bullet... just right for my 327 Fed Mag in Ruger Blackhawk and custom S&W K-frame. It's a fine piece of work and it works fine! The mould was a bargain and the extra unexpected weight was a bonus!

Froggie

Murphy
03-13-2014, 01:04 PM
That rascal!

Thanks to Swede, I now have more coffee cans of cast boolits needing sized and lubed than I can say grace over. The row of them along the wall of my reloading/casting room just keeps growing and growing.

There was a time I only knew one name when it came to boolit molds, LYMAN. Of course if you're reading this thread, we already know what happened to (or is happening) them. Sure, I have LEE molds as well. But Swede's molds have endeared me to no end.

And last but far from least, if you know other casters whether they are members of this sight or not (and they should be) tell them about NOE molds. I do!

Murphy

cbrick
03-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Thanks to Swede, I now have more coffee cans of cast boolits needing sized and lubed than I can say grace over. The row of them along the wall of my reloading/casting room just keeps growing and growing. Murphy

Simple solution to your dilemma Murphy . . .

Drink more coffee. :mrgreen:

Rick

shredder
03-14-2014, 08:38 AM
This one will not be my last either. I am already eying up some other moulds on the site. For the price these moulds sell for I am thinking they are the best bargain in casting that I have found.

WARD O
03-14-2014, 12:09 PM
While I haven't been around here all that long.... I did join here well before Swede and Miha came on the scene. They have done more for advancing bullet casting than they might imagine. The ready availability of multi cav moulds for a favorite bullet surely speeds up the process greatly and the quality of the product is superb! Then throw in the hollow point options they offer and you've reallly got about everything a caster might want... Now the challenge is to locate enough bullet material!

ward

waco
03-15-2014, 07:21 PM
My three NOE molds are the best I own. Top quality product worth every penny.