PDA

View Full Version : Harrel premium powder measure instructions.

dromia
03-12-2014, 04:49 AM
Anyone got a set of instructions for the above powder measure they would be prepared to scan/copy and send to me.

I've trawled the netty with no success but if they are up there then could someone provide the link.

georgerkahn
03-12-2014, 07:50 AM
For what it's worth, I have one which came, new, from Sinclair sans any instructions: I assumed they're not issue with measure, and my Culver-type was/is both pretty straight-forward as well as scary-accurate! You may wish to contact them directly -- their info is:
Harrell Precision
5756 Hickory Drive
Salem, VA 24153
Phone: (540) 380-2683
Web: www.harrellsprec.com

BEST!
geo

btroj
03-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Mine didn't come with any. Dump powder in, adjust measure, throw.

Any specific issues you are having?

TonyL
03-12-2014, 08:33 AM
I have a one page set of instructions which includes how to set the spring and detent balls for different number of clicks between numbers and a one page sheet with some representative settings for 7 different powders. Can I email to the email address on your website?

dromia
03-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Yes that email address is fine, thank you very much.

No problems I'm just interested in what instructions come with it and the click adjusts info.

Very nice measure and a pleasure to use but not any better accuracy wise then most other volumetric measures I have, just like them consistency of weights depends on consistency of operation. I did improve mine slightly by removing the brass washer with the hex hole in it, I presume that this is supposed to work as some sort of baffle.

dromia
03-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Sorted, many thanks Tony.

enfieldphile
03-12-2014, 03:05 PM
The measure is meant for a rather narrow range of universally accepted loads & powders, hence, the "clicks".

These hard-core BR guys don't weigh powder per se. They talk in "clicks", EX: "Bill, how many clicks to get X weight of BLC(2)?"

I have a one page set of instructions which includes how to set the spring and detent balls for different number of clicks between numbers and a one page sheet with some representative settings for 7 different powders. Can I email to the email address on your website?

btroj
03-12-2014, 11:06 PM

Tony, any chance you could send me that set of instructions?