PDA

View Full Version : Saeco sizer dies

tward
03-12-2014, 01:31 AM
Anybody know the thread size for the nut on the bottom of Saeco lube dies?
Thanks, Tim .:lol:

Bent Ramrod
03-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Looks to be 11/16" x 24TPI. Not a standard size.

Le Loup Solitaire
03-12-2014, 08:47 PM
The size/thread in post 2 is correct. Saeco's tend to leak lube around the nut when there is too much pressure in/on the reservoir. Tendency is to tighten the nut to stop it....and it doesn't. I milled flats on the nut so that I could use a small crescent or an end wrench to tighten it snug and that didn't work either. If one goes too far something will strip or crack. The best solutions are...A) back off the reservoir pressure, B) cut a pressure washer/spacer/grommet out of neophrene and insert it between the nut and the bottom of the sizer die to discourage leaking. It helps. if there is any leaking after that use a small 1/8" screwdriver to round up the leakage and toss it back in the reservoir when you refill it with another cylinder of lube or however you add it. LLs

kywoodwrkr
04-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Why do some Saeco dies have three rows of holes and others only one?
Which is best? Or is there a best depending on number of grooves needing lube?
An optimum spacing of the rows?
Is there a design concern which could be corrected to avoid the leakage?
At $35+ per I'm thinking about building my own so I can incorporate 'enhancements' during plan creation.:coffeecom
Thanks.

Bent Ramrod
04-10-2014, 12:41 AM
The only one I have with one row of holes is a .224" caliber. Presumably that would be enough to lube the tiny grooves and handle the short spaces between them.

kywoodwrkr
04-12-2014, 01:34 PM
The only one I have with one row of holes is a .224" caliber.
I only have two which have multiple rows(circles?).
Thanks for the information.
Guess I'll try some and see which works best.
Thanks.