PDA

View Full Version : New G2

ubetcha
03-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I just received a new G2 frame and upon it's first look over, it looks pretty nice, except it takes two thumbs to cock that thing. For those who have a G2, will this get better when it starts to break-in? When shooting IHMSA silhouettes in the Creedmore position, it's going to take some thumb exercising to handle the one thumb cocking thing. My G1 frame(if one can refer to it as such) is a whole lot easier. Also I noticed that there is no trigger limit screw either. T/C may have tried to improve the design, but I would still like to see some of the older little things still there.

marshall623
03-11-2014, 10:19 PM
How is the trigger on the G2 , G1 is the only ones I've shot

ubetcha
03-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Right now I haven't shot it yet. Just got it yesterday. The G1 is the one I've always had and has some trigger adjustment. Kind of wish the G2 had it too. But let's see how it handles once I start shooting it.

Iowa Fox
03-12-2014, 11:13 AM
The G2 hammer springs are a little stiff when new but they will limber up and feel just like the original Contenders or at least mine did after a few hundred rounds. Just leave it cocked for a few days if you want to speed things up. Triggers can be worked to feel just as good as the original contenders with just a spring change and friction reducing lube on parts. I never stone any Contenders original or G2. All of my G2s have the trigger over travel screw including my early stainless one. I noticed that they quit drilling and tapping the finger lever for the over travel screw. The boss is still there just not drilled and tapped. Your fortunate to find a new frame as they have pretty well dried up.

ubetcha
03-12-2014, 07:55 PM
A friend of mine is an instructor for conceal carry and he has an updated price list from S&W. I believe they are still listed with a price. I will have to check with him to be sure.. This frame has been on order since last June. I don't know if they screwed up the order of what really happened, but I can get another, I get my order in soon.