PDA

View Full Version : Women

pdawg_shooter
03-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Just wondering...how many women are on this forum and how many of those actually cast?

AlaskanGuy
03-11-2014, 10:49 AM
My wife, AlaskanGurl, casts and loads

mold maker
03-11-2014, 10:56 AM
My wife cast aspersions on the money I tell her I'm saving. Does that count?

Echo
03-11-2014, 11:18 AM
There are two methods of dealing with women. Neither work.

btroj
03-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Mine will shoot but no casting or loading. She doesn't complain about me pursuing my hobbies and that is good enough for me.

Hickory
03-11-2014, 11:47 AM

Actually there are three methods of dealing with women,
sadly the third method does not work either.

ShooterAZ
03-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Mine helps me with various tedious tasks like sorting, cleaning, trimming, deburring, etc. She will occasionally shoot, and is a good shot. She WILL NOT have anything to do with molten lead however, and I'm OK with that!

1989toddm
03-11-2014, 12:17 PM
I am currently teaching my better half to shoot, hope to do it right so I can teach my kids correctly in a few years.

imashooter2
03-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Mine will shoot but no casting or loading. She doesn't complain about me pursuing my hobbies and that is good enough for me.

And let the people say, AMEN!

Cmm_3940
03-11-2014, 12:23 PM

And there's no resale value... :kidding::bigsmyl2:

starmac
03-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Hmmm. I have known at least 2 guys that would have had a longer life, if their wife never learned to shoot. lol

Springfield
03-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Mine shoots and sometimes sizes bullets but no casting. She really doesn't have the patience nor the attention to detail that casting requires. And she gave up complaining about my shooting expenses as it doesn't do any good anyway!

Pb2au
03-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Mrs. PB is an avid shooter, but not much on the reloading/casting side. She sees my reloading as a hobby, not unlike stamp collecting or whatever. Basically essential downtime for mental health. (her words not mine) She does come down into the lab and checks on me time to time if I haven't come up for provisions or fresh air in a while.

pdawg_shooter
03-11-2014, 04:16 PM
So OK, sounds like a grand total of....wait for it....ONE! Guess it must be a guy thing. And maybe not so much a guy thing either. I personally know of 2 other guys that cast their own.

MaryB
03-12-2014, 12:48 AM
I cast, smelt my own ingots from wheel weights...

Bzcraig
03-12-2014, 01:03 AM

Would one of these be against the law?

frkelly74
03-12-2014, 01:04 AM
we have labs? I like that, it sounds good... The Ammo Lab ... " Honey, I am going down to the Ammo Lab . Hold all my calls."

Just Duke
03-12-2014, 01:07 AM
I will not have mine within range of lead splatter. One ugly person in our relationship is enough. No sense making two with an accident.

AricTheRed
03-12-2014, 01:24 AM
Wifey is happy to shoot anything I cast-n-load up. Except the full house 44mag loads. She is like my buddies that way. Happy to shoot anything I cast & load. Although I'm happy to eat anything she cooks, so I guess all's fair in cooking & reloading.

smokeywolf
03-12-2014, 03:07 AM
Mine does not yet know casting or reloading. She will eventually learn. She shoots well, but still has much room for improvement.

She's extremely supportive of my hobby.

smokeywolf

captaint
03-12-2014, 07:34 AM
MANY years ago when I first started loading, it was 12Ga for skeet shooting. Got me a little MEC machine and my wife loved loading my 12 Ga ammo. Never could get her to shoot any, though.. Mike

pdawg_shooter
03-12-2014, 07:37 AM
I cast, smelt my own ingots from wheel weights...

You go girl! Glad to hear it. Up where you are casting may be a good way to stay warm. What do you cast for? Ever tried paper patching?

Uncle Jim
03-12-2014, 07:43 AM
My wife likes to shoot but stays away from the reloading and casting shed!

Pb2au
03-12-2014, 07:44 AM
we have labs? I like that, it sounds good... The Ammo Lab ... " Honey, I am going down to the Ammo Lab . Hold all my calls."

Mrs. PB coined that phrase some time ago. Just right out of the blue. I thought it was rather fitting so I have ran with it.
"Are you going into the lab this afternoon?"
"yes, yes I am."

DLCTEX
03-12-2014, 07:49 AM
I told my wife that she needs to start reloading with her new enthusiasm for shooting her M&P Shield. She said "I cook, you load", OK, point made.

FISH4BUGS
03-12-2014, 07:49 AM
My significant other likes to have me close by in the casting shed. She will pop her head in occasionally to say hello, tell me some little bit of news, or let me know how dinner is doing. She is starting to shoot a bit but has no interest in any of the sorting ww's and brass, smelting, casting, sizing or relaoding,.
She calls it "man knitting".
Works for me...............

6bg6ga
03-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Mine likes to shoot and buy guns. She sells me the guns she tires of at a reduced rate. She has it pretty good I do all the work and she gets the benefits.

Beau Cassidy
03-12-2014, 08:53 AM
It's not a lab or man cave.... its a Men's Crisis Center.

Bullshop Junior
03-12-2014, 08:58 AM
I believe runfiveslittlegirl cast.

jmort
03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
We have some good ones here including MaryB and EL34 and some more that post on occasion. I have learned from both MaryB and EL34, they seem like good people.

Doc_Stihl
03-12-2014, 09:32 AM
My wife has cast enough to get 5 good 500GR RNFP .458s. She then sized and lubed them and loaded them into 45-70 brass that she prepped.

She put 2 of those through a big Russian boar a few years back. The 2 empties and other 3 loaded rounds are perched next to the picture of her boar waiting to make meat someday.

She once helped me trim brass. She cranked for 20 minutes before asking, "Is there a better way to do this?" I replied "Sure, with a power trimmer". She stood up, said, "Christmas is coming" and then left.
Repetitive tasks aren't her thing. :)

.5mv^2
03-12-2014, 09:35 AM
My wife doesn't cast or load. She will split wood with her maul while I am casting. A fair trade?

Hickory
03-12-2014, 03:39 PM

No, they're all legal.

mozeppa
03-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Mine helps me with various tedious tasks like sorting, cleaning, trimming, deburring, etc. She will occasionally shoot, and is a good shot. She WILL NOT have anything to do with molten lead however, and I'm OK with that!

mine too....'cept she loves to shoot. and she gets her turns at the press too ...under my watchful eye.

wgr
03-12-2014, 04:46 PM
My wife doesn't cast or load. She will split wood with her maul while I am casting. A fair trade?
Man what a deal. You are ahead on that trade. were in Indiana are you i live in Perry county

gkainz
03-12-2014, 05:37 PM

Actually there are three methods of dealing with women, sadly the third method does not work either.

There is a fourth way, one that absolutely works ... unfortunately, nobody knows what it is. ... not even Adam figured it out.

Love Life
03-12-2014, 05:40 PM

The Mrs. Sure loves to shoot, but you never see her in the reloading room...

If the bills are paid and she has gas to take our girl to gymnastics and money to go out to lunch then she leaves me be.

btroj
03-12-2014, 06:29 PM
The Mrs. Sure loves to shoot, but you never see her in the reloading room...

If the bills are paid and she has gas to take our girl to gymnastics and money to go out to lunch then she leaves me be.

Sounds about right. We each have a role to play and long as we do our share all is well.

MaryB
03-12-2014, 11:28 PM
I cast for my 380, 9mm, 45 for my gun dealers personal use(he gives me lead to use for his bullets), 7.62x45r and will be tinkering with 223(Lee Bator and my Savage Axis) once my wrist is healed.

freebullet
03-13-2014, 12:07 AM
I am an ammunition refugee, the wife empties all the cases she can as fast as she can. She does fire up her casting pot, and when time allows even helps me load. She is learning well as time allows. She will shoot anything from bows to s&w500 even throws knives. Her love of weapons makes me say yes dear when she asks if there will be enough ammo ready for her birthday shoots. I watch as she drains 1000 cases in about 3 hours. I wouldn't trade her in though, I love every minute.

Had to get a progressive to keep up with her. Silly as it sounds I'm the one who has to say no to gun purchases most often. I may have created a monster, god help any man that courts her if I die.

I call it the factory. Sometimes I feel like a Chinese kid in a sweat shop.

SSGOldfart
03-13-2014, 12:27 AM

+1she has talked about loading,but that was just after she paid for a box of ammo once!!!

Rushthezeppelin
03-13-2014, 01:54 AM
Well thanks to getting some pink powder coating, I've almost made a caster out of my roommate. Just came in today so I cooked up a quick batch off bullets (and explained the process) then let her dry tumble her own bullets in her pink. Also perfected my technique a bit more with my green.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/13/te8u6y5a.jpg

I even convinced her to soon roll up her own rounds of 300blk (with supervision, once I find a good load). Now she's wondering if she can add glitter to it lol. She might be on to something as she knows of a very fine powder glitter made of aluminum. Might actually mix with the pc and I'm assuming if aluminum checks work fine then this shouldn't hurt my melonite bore.

gray wolf
03-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Now that was funny and I needed a funny.
Julie, shy's away from the boolets when they are in the Pre-boolet molten state.
She is the best brass finder I ever saw,
She can locate a 25 ACP case in a grass that ain't been mowed for a month.

jcameron996
03-14-2014, 11:06 AM
My wife has cast enough to get 5 good 500GR RNFP .458s. She then sized and lubed them and loaded them into 45-70 brass that she prepped.

She put 2 of those through a big Russian boar a few years back. The 2 empties and other 3 loaded rounds are perched next to the picture of her boar waiting to make meat someday.

She once helped me trim brass. She cranked for 20 minutes before asking, "Is there a better way to do this?" I replied "Sure, with a power trimmer". She stood up, said, "Christmas is coming" and then left.
Repetitive tasks aren't her thing. :)

That sounds just like how I ended up with my Dillon XL 650.

TXGunNut
03-14-2014, 11:19 PM
My hunting/guns/shooting/loading/casting hobby has proved to be a litmus test for prospective wives. None have passed but I guess that's OK. If one had slipped thru she probably would have wound up with the house, half the guns and all the money. If I get too lonely I'll get another dog.

bart55
03-14-2014, 11:43 PM
My late wife was a shooter ,usually won the muzzleloader turkey shoots with some offhand remark like (I don t see what's so hard about hitting that egg on the string ! After which most of the guys wanted to get even with me for bringin her .
she was also quite a gardener and had her own perennial farm. She used to always say we should open up a gun store and flower shop together and call it ''Guns and Roses" .Gal always had a sense of humor .sure do miss her .Haven't met anyone quite like her since .Bought me a 45 70 hi wall for a wedding present. That girl had taste!

mold maker
03-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Yesterday marked 50 years with the same wonderful gal. She lets me do all the casting, loading, and most all the shooting.
By the way, I bought her a rifle today, and she got me a bracelet.

Down South
03-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Mine will go fetch stuff. Does that count?

Oh, 42 yrs in May. She's a shooter with her Ruger Mk III Hunter.

MaryB
03-15-2014, 09:59 PM
I have to get to goodwill and see if they have a used toaster oven so I can try powder coating.

TXGunNut
03-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Let's not forget Molly. She was a moderator here and quite the engraving artist as well.

pdawg_shooter
03-16-2014, 09:42 PM
My wife passed away after 38 years, although sh wouldnt help the casting or reloading, she was worth her weight in gold...IMHP!

trapper9260
03-17-2014, 11:51 AM
My hunting/guns/shooting/loading/casting hobby has proved to be a litmus test for prospective wives. None have passed but I guess that's OK. If one had slipped thru she probably would have wound up with the house, half the guns and all the money. If I get too lonely I'll get another dog.

I feel the same way, but I would add trapping to that also. I am getting another puppy now because I lost one to lung cancer and was short of being 12 years old of one month and his brother is over 12 years now.They are coydogs. The puppy I am getting is a coydog also.

AlaskanGuy
03-17-2014, 12:09 PM
AlaskanGurl is casting as we speak this morning..... And here I WANTED TO CAST THIS MORNING.... Dang... Well, she did get up first this morning... So I will have to wait my turn.....

Careful what you hope for.... Dang Alaskan women are just like this I think...

AG

camotruck
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM

I'll have to use that term in the future. I use to think my wife didn't have anything to do with any of the shooting sports after we got married. Oh sure she will go shoot with me once in a blue moon, but then one day I found her down stairs in the "lab" Gas checking and sizing boolits. Only because I had asked my son to do some for me and he was able to get her to help him.

Camo