PDA

View Full Version : decap station

gunoil
03-10-2014, 07:30 AM
I may try this, universal decapper in station 3 of LLM. (lee loadmaster) Use case feed and ya could have uni decapper in station 5 also to keep shell plate level and to make sure spent caps are all out. This thing is real fast. Beats decapping in single stage press.

Just fill up the Lee collator and go!

onegunred
03-11-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't have a Lee Loadmaster but how would a universal decap die in sta. 1 , carbide size die in sta. 2 and a neck flare die in sta. 3 work ? I would consider it for 44 or other pistol calibers. I prefer to prime and powder charge 1 at a time so I am not into a full progressive mode.

Beesdad
03-11-2014, 01:08 PM
I may try this, universal decapper in station 3 of LLM. (lee loadmaster) Use case feed and ya could have uni decapper in station 5 also to keep shell plate level and to make sure spent caps are all out. This thing is real fast. Beats decapping in single stage press.

Just fill up the Lee collator and go!

I have 4 LLMs ... 3 are setup for 38, 45 ACP and 9 mm. One is used to de-prime and sizeing all my cases prior to cleaning with SS pins.

My normal batch size is 2K to 5K for de-priming and sizing. Universal de-primer die in station one,
Carbide sizer in station two with pin removed. I use wire pull lube on the cases to make the job much faster and it requires about half the effort. Then off to the tumbler for cleaning.

I see no need to be concerned about the shell plate remaining level for this process.. And no need for an additional die in station five. My set-up for reloading is different.. Station 1 universal decapping die, 2 - carbide sizer w/o pin, 3 - powder drop / flare, 4 seating / crimp die, 5- FCD.