PDA

View Full Version : The Folks at L & R Locks and Triggers are GREAT!

oldracer
03-09-2014, 10:42 PM
The 45 caliber slug gun I have put together (see slightly earlier posts) had a slightly unusual angle on the cock (hammer) such that when the gun was together the hammer was at half cock resting on the nipple. At full cock there was barely enough room for me to get a #11 cap on. I checked the nipple and it was a standard height item and the gun did fire every time but the cock seemed a bit too far down? So I pulled the lock off the gun and at rest the front of the edge that hit the #11 cap was touching the top edge of the side plate. I looked at a picture of the same Scheutzen style lock on L & R's web site and mine was about 20 degrees off. So I gave them a call this past Wed. and they agreed and said they would send out a replacement tumbler with the correct angles. Seems several were assembled with the parts mixed up a tad. The new tumbler came yesterday which is pretty darn fast to CA from the East Coast! And the cock now fits just fine and I get a half cock and a full cock as I should!

If you need locks or parts or triggers I would suggest using them for sure!

Dryball
03-09-2014, 11:48 PM
Yep, I consider them and Chambers the top 2...I can't decide which is better. They are top notch!