PDA

View Full Version : RCBS adjusting question

DeadWoodDan
03-09-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm trying to lube&GC a LEE 309-120. I'm getting lube ( a good amount )on the bottom of the GC after seated and only filling the bottom and not top groove. I've tried adjusting the rod without success. What am I doing wrong? The instructions aren't very clear...getting ready to youtube search LOL

Thanks
DWD

03-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Eliminating lube build up on boolit bases and filling the desired number of grooves is a combination of lube temperature, applied pressure, and depth adjustment. I can't be more specific than that, as it's just a matter of patience, experimentation, and experience. Stay with it and you'll get it.

MTtimberline
03-09-2014, 01:51 PM
as it's just a matter of patience
More of this than anything

Mike W1
03-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Pretty much what 462 said. I don't cast rifle bullets anymore and am not familiar with your bullet but there's a couple things you can try. Sometimes on shorter bullets there really isn't enough adjustment with the stock Bullet Ejector Screw. Putting a spacer above it will give you more adjustment You have to take it out and slip the spacer in above it. I used a 1/4 x 3/8/ x 1/2 steel spacer and it seemed to help. Some fellows also use a piece of styrofoam up top but haven't tried that myself. Think they just let the die cut it out of like a fastfood burger box.

DeadWoodDan
03-09-2014, 08:52 PM
As usual just walked away for a few hrs and came back, got it corrected in 5minutes. Sometimes it just pays to look away a while.

Wayne Smith
03-12-2014, 07:41 AM
The Styrofoam is for bevel based boolits, not spacing. It compresses too much!