PDA

View Full Version : I could use some prayers if you got any extras

44minimum
03-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Hey guys, I recently spent a week in the hospital with what they thought was pancreatitis. Turns out it is stage IV colon cancer and it has spread to my liver also. The doctor said it has likely been there for somewhere between three and 10 years, and the reason I never knew anything about it is because I have no feeling below my nipples. I've been a C4 five quadriplegic with no use of my arms or legs since I was 18, 29 years ago now. That was due to an aneurysm that ruptured in my neck and bled into my spinal cord. Anyway, he said if we do nothing that I've got about six months, if we do chemo then I might get around two years. I started chemo two days ago. I know there are lots of good folks here that would help out anybody, so if you've got an extra prayer or two that you could send my way, I would greatly appreciate it. One of the guys from my church came to visit me in the hospital, I forget what kind it was but he was diagnosed with cancer and the doctors gave him six months to live. That was eight years ago and he's still in good shape. I figure that with the doctors doing whatever they can do to kill it, and enough prayers coming my way, who knows what can happen? Maybe I'll be around for another eight years. Whatever happens, hopefully I will have enough time to finish writing another cowboy book or two.

Thanks,

Bryan

May 31 Update
I just wanted to let you guys know how things are going. I'm halfway through the chemo treatments and it seems to be having an effect. The oncologist said that at the beginning, my CEA numbers were 290 (that is some type of indicator in the blood that tells how much cancer is present). They have been dropping steadily and are now at 145. A normal person has a CEA number of about five, so I've still got a ways to go, but with enough prayer and God's help, hopefully I will get there.

Mumblypeg
03-07-2014, 09:23 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.....

fatnhappy
03-07-2014, 09:25 PM
My family will pray for you.

slim1836
03-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Keep the faith, praying for you. We are one big family here.

Stay strong,

Slim

wch
03-07-2014, 09:36 PM
44minimum: God bless you and help you stay strong.

TheCelt
03-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Praying for you 44minimum, and will pray for you every day

monge
03-07-2014, 09:39 PM
You will be in my prayers may God bless you and your family that you will find the strength to fight this and live a long Happy life!

Ed1
03-07-2014, 09:51 PM
prayers sent and will continue to send

Sweetpea
03-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Prayers for comfort, strength, and peace, whatever comes your way.

Brandon

rbertalotto
03-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Keep on keeping on! We're praying for you!

Riverpigusmc
03-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Prayers sent

codgerville@zianet.com
03-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Prayers from here also. We seem to still have a good supply.

jumbeaux
03-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Bryan my Prayers are with you sir...

rick

Dirtdgger
03-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Prayers up to the throne of god.

mpbarry1
03-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Prayers sent my brother.

clyde-the-pointer
03-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Prayers sent. Good luck on your journey.

Teddy (punchie)
03-08-2014, 12:11 AM
We are praying for Bryan . Theodore

Bzcraig
03-08-2014, 12:59 AM
Prayers sent brother.

waksupi
03-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Prayers sent.

DLCTEX
03-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Lord our brother needs your healing touch. Bless him Lord.

Bored1
03-08-2014, 01:11 AM
Prayers sent from me and mine for you & yours!

propwashp47
03-08-2014, 01:14 AM
we will pray for you.

jmort
03-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Praying for you Brother Bryan. The least I can do for you.

exile
03-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Praying.

exile

Superfly
03-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Done deal we got you covered.

davidheart
03-08-2014, 01:51 AM
My wife and I will pray. God Bless and hold onto Jesus.

AlaskanGuy
03-08-2014, 02:04 AM
Many in Alaska are and will be praying for you my brother...

AG

badbob454
03-08-2014, 02:18 AM
my prayers are with you ...get well , hope to see you up and shooting some day... , you certanly have had your trials in life ..

dagunnut
03-08-2014, 03:32 AM
Prayers sent and hoping that you have the time to do everything that you ever wanted to do.

44minimum
03-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks folks. Every time someone mentions that they are praying for me, it gives me a little boost.

Hickok
03-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Prayers in the name of Jesus Christ for you brother.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-08-2014, 02:53 PM
I pray that God will grant you his healing touch, his strength and peace in your life and a close contact with him. In Jesus name.

obssd1958
03-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Prayers that God will heal you, in the way that only He can.

Thumbcocker
03-08-2014, 05:06 PM
On the way

Multigunner
03-08-2014, 05:21 PM
My eldest brother and both his sons contracted terminal cancers, one nephew is still living but its unlikely he will recover.
My mom and sister both survived cancers with complete recovery, so its not always a death sentence.

My prayers are there for you. You've certainly had a hard row to hoe and deserve a break.
God bless and keep you and yours.

mhat
03-08-2014, 07:15 PM
I always have extra prayers. I'll be praying for you and your family. I'll also put you on the prayer list at Church. God bless you and yours.

Mark.

Wis. Tom
03-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Praying for you, Bryan

Gibbs44
03-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Prayers sent for you and your family. Fight on.

missionary5155
03-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Good morning Bryan
Will be praying God accomplishes His will with this.
Feller in our home church in ILLinois was told by a cancer doc he had two weeks. When Brother Gary was in the hospital the doc told him to get his stuff in order as the test showed just a few days left. Brother Gary called our pastor who went over later with two of the deacons and prayed a simple prayer that God would do His will...
Next day Brother Gary was released Cancer free. That was more than 20 years ago and he pastors a church. God still can ! I do not know if He will but I know He will use this all for His Glory and we can be a part of it all. "Looking unto Him the Author and finisher our our faith".
Mike in Peru

Wayne Smith
03-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Only God can heal. Doctors try to fix what is broken, but only God heals. Lord, I pray that your will be done in Bryan's life, if you are finished with him here take him home, if not heal him and amaze the doctors. You are the only one capable.

marshall623
03-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Hey guys, I recently spent a week in the hospital with what they thought was pancreatitis. Turns out it is stage IV colon cancer and it has spread to my liver also. The doctor said it has likely been there for somewhere between three and 10 years, and the reason I never knew anything about it is because I have no feeling below my nipples. I've been a C4 five quadriplegic with no use of my arms or legs since I was 18, 29 years ago now. That was due to an aneurysm that ruptured in my neck and bled into my spinal cord. Anyway, he said if we do nothing that I've got about six months, if we do chemo then I might get around two years. I started chemo two days ago. I know there are lots of good folks here that would help out anybody, so if you've got an extra prayer or two that you could send my way, I would greatly appreciate it. One of the guys from my church came to visit me in the hospital, I forget what kind it was but he was diagnosed with cancer and the doctors gave him six months to live. That was eight years ago and he's still in good shape. I figure that with the doctors doing whatever they can do to kill it, and enough prayers coming my way, who knows what can happen? Maybe I'll be around for another eight years. Whatever happens, hopefully I will have enough time to finish writing another cowboy book or two.

Thanks,

Bryan
My friend it sounds like you need a miracle , It just so happens I know a man and that is the business he is in. There is nothing impossible for God. Back in Jan. late ML season I was meeting my dad on a small patch of woods . I looked at my phone I saw where he called ( I was already in a tree stand ) he said he fell at work and he could barely move his left arm and hurt like crazy. I talked him into coming anyway ,that I had jumped a couple deer and they didn't go far . While I was in the stand the Lord spoke to my heart told me to pray for my Dad. At dark I caught him at the tractor shed where we parked . I told what the Lord said to do , we prayed before he got 8 mi down the road the pain was gone and could move the arm as he pleased . I've seen a woman healed of cancer in church . God has healed me different times in my life . I'm praying and believing that God is going to completely restore you , people and family are going to see how mighty God is. I'll will lift you up before the Church this morning . God Bless You Tim

Charlie Two Tracks
03-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Amen.

square butte
03-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Prayers sent for you and family

osteodoc08
03-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Prayers my boolit brother.

44minimum
03-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Thank you everyone

Charlie Two Tracks
03-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Please keep us advised on how you are doing. We can go though this stuff together ya know.

davidheart
03-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Just checking in to see how you're doing. My wife and I have been praying for you. God Bless.

44minimum
03-13-2014, 05:55 PM
So far all is pretty well. I've only had one treatment, and for two nights afterwards after I had eaten supper I felt like I was going to throw up, but I ended up just burping a lot. My stomach makes a lot more gurgling noises when I eat or drink something than it used to, but those are the only side effects so far. I consider myself kind of lucky in that regard, but I also hear that they get worse as you go along. My treatments are scheduled for every two weeks, the next one is next Wednesday. I started an online diary/blog type thing to keep my friends and family scattered around the country informed of all of this medical stuff, and I went ahead and made it public so that anybody that wanted to could check it out. Here are a couple of links, at least one of them should take you to it. Check it out if you wish.

http://www.my-diary.org/read/e/544610494

http://www.my-diary.org/users/828962

I won't be updating it every day or anything like that, mostly just when something notable happens.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Thank you for the link. Still in my prayers. I've got a real peaceful, positive feeling about you. Hang in there. I read your diary posts off of that link. Thanks for posting that. I really wish you well.

BSalty
03-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Done.

wrongway
03-17-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles my thoughts of good luck and my prayers to you

44minimum
03-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys

bisleyfan41
03-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Praying for you now and will continue to hold you up in prayer. Stay strong through the darkness ahead. God bless.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Still here and still praying. I believe you had your 2nd round of chemo today.

willvabch
03-19-2014, 05:04 PM
You are in my families prayers

44minimum
03-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Thank you for the continued support gentlemen. And yes, round two was today. So far all is well, but about halfway through the bag of chemo I noticed that my mouth cannot tolerate drinking much ice water anymore. So it will be warm water for me, at least for the next few days. I will post up a little story about it on my diary thing, probably tomorrow. And if there are any Texans here that click on the diary entry about the search for a van, I will go ahead and apologize and hope that you can figure out that I was joking.

wild bill wildbill59
03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
My prayers are with you

Charlie Two Tracks
03-21-2014, 03:39 PM
You can check out how he is doing on the links he provided. I really recommend reading it.

WRideout
03-22-2014, 07:43 AM
You, and everyone who loves you, are in my prayers.

Wayne

Heavy lead
03-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Prayers sent from SWM. God does heal.

Alvin
03-22-2014, 07:55 AM
An elderly family friend was discovered to have stage four liver cancer last fall. She had surgery which I believe was chemotherapy directly into the affected areas. It's been over 6 months now and although I don't know her current diagnosis, I do know that she is eating well and walking daily even at her advanced age. I pray for your continuing fight and recovery and hope that you make a full recovery.

44minimum
03-22-2014, 04:24 PM
When I first found out about the cancer, I was pretty freaked out for two or three weeks, kind of one of those emotional roller coaster type things. Charlie two tracks, your comment about having a peaceful, positive feeling about me........... well, that really struck a chord with me because that's pretty much exactly how I feel about the whole situation now. And the fact of knowing that you folks, and even some of your family and friends are praying for me, well, tis a powerful thing. Thank you all.

opos
03-22-2014, 04:34 PM
I talked to "my God" and asked him to talk with "your God" and give you strength and comfort. My Wife is a cancer survivor...she should not be but she is...Prayers do work!

butch2570
03-24-2014, 04:50 AM
Lord JESUS, we ask Lord that you would give comfort and strength to Bryan and his family, and that you would bless him powerfully Jesus, and if it would be in your will Lord that you would touch him with your healing and loving hands Father , for this we ask in the name of your son JESUS and we will give you the praise the honor and thy glory FATHER ...AMEN..

fivegunner
03-24-2014, 04:55 AM
You hang in there . Your in My Prayers. God Bless

davidheart
04-08-2014, 10:02 PM
How are you doing Bryan? My wife and I have been praying for you not every day, but about every other day or so. Hang in there and God bless.

DLCTEX
04-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Still praying for you my brother.

Murphy
04-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Prayers going up.

Murphy

44minimum
04-09-2014, 11:57 AM
I have completed three rounds of chemo, with the fourth one scheduled for next Wednesday. There was slight nausea at first, but nothing since. After the second round I developed a rash and I could not eat or drink cold things, it felt like swallowing ice needles. The rash is gone, but I still cannot handle cold things. My skin is getting sensitive and developing red spots, a lot more easily than it used to. One of my elbows is getting red where it contacts the arm rest of my chair and my butt is getting red spots from sitting in my chair. Red spots are the forerunner of pressure sores and I do not want any pressure sores. I have been doing my weight shifts to relieve the pressure on my butt, even more often and longer than usual, but the red spots are still there nearly every night. The Dr. stressed over and over that my immune system would be compromised, and they do say that the effects of chemo are cumulative, so I guess it is catching up to me. Probably the worst thing is having sores in my mouth. They were nearly gone but now they are back and seem to be worsening a bit. It's a little irritating, probably similar to having a couple of tiny snapping turtles in your underwear that will not sit still and are constantly crawling around, snapping at things that were not designed to be snapped at. The hospital called in a prescription for me for a type of mouth rinse and I used it last night for the first and perhaps the last time. Boy, that stuff is thick and slimy. Just a couple of minutes after spitting it out I noticed that my tongue was numb. And a couple of minutes after that, my entire mouth and my lips were numb, just like they are when you come back from the dentist after getting a cavity filled. Overall I think I'm doing pretty good, not really fatigued or anything. I update my online diary every few days or so and I will try to remember to keep you guys updated also. My diary is public, you guys can read it if you wish.

I appreciate the prayers.

fivegunner
04-10-2014, 05:47 PM
God Bless you. hang in there.

doc1876
04-10-2014, 06:48 PM
always have time for a few prayers.......btw, have you heard of Essiac? It is a herbal tea, and it has been known to cure cancers.
Luck to you
Steve

phaux
04-11-2014, 03:50 AM
I had a Major when I was stationed at Ft Dix. He was always smiling, running marathons and living life to the fullest. I found out some time later that years before he had been diagnosed with some form of cancer and the docs only gave him months to live. He somehow beat it and it gave him a whole new perspective on life. Lived everyday to the fullest after that, great guy. Stay strong!

41mag
04-12-2014, 07:34 AM
My family will lift you up in our prayers.

buckwheatpaul
04-12-2014, 08:02 AM
Bryan, May God hold you in his hands and heal you......Amen

jakec
04-12-2014, 08:11 AM
prayers sent..

Avenger442
04-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Sounds like a positive plan to me. Praying God will keep you at peace as you go through this. He can and does work miracles today.

44minimum
04-20-2014, 09:33 PM
April 20, Easter Sunday

We dropped off the chemo pump on Friday and believe it or not, no complications arose. They flushed out my port, tried to draw some blood just to see if there was blood return and lo and behold, there was. Good deal.

There are more side effects this time. My rash has come back and is worse than last time, the sores in my mouth are back but I don't yet know if they're going to be worse or not, and I'm getting red spots on my lower back. Got to watch those real good so they won't turn into pressure sores. And this time I have been coughing a little bit. I haven't coughed up anything and I don't feel sick or anything, but it does make me wonder. And the slime is back in my throat. Ever since I started on chemo my throat has felt slimy, especially during toothbrushing. When rinsing my mouth it seems like this slime stuff comes up from my throat and it's kind of hard to even spit it out. Usually it goes away after brushing my teeth, but it has persisted all day today. And I guess that's about it for side effects. Oh, I can't eat or drink cold things.

We went over to my brothers house today and spent time with relatives, ate lots of good food and shot some guns. A good day.

catmandu
04-21-2014, 06:35 AM
My families prayers for you, May He bless and keep you. Glad you had a day with family. Getting to shoot is always good. My son in law had 3 sessions of chemo. He beat it. Has three boys and left for corrections academy yesterday. I'm glad your spirits are up. Spring is finally here, may it be a new beginning for you as well.

Paul in WNY

Charlie Two Tracks
04-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Good to hear from you 44minimum. I second the thought of Spring being a new beginning for you.

Preacher Jim
04-21-2014, 10:52 AM
our Father in Heaven is the author and perfector of all healing. may He place his hand on you and bring healing to your body. you have the faith to ask for prayer and the Lord said He would hear and answer our prayers. you are on my prayer list and my churches.
preacher Jim

pmer
04-22-2014, 11:22 AM
I hope you beat this Bryan, praying for His strength in you.

mikeym1a
04-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Had that years ago, it was caught early. My prayers are with you. My hopes for your recovery as well. God Bless. mikey

Artful
04-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Adding my prayers for you Bryan and your family - God keep you.

plus1hdcp
04-22-2014, 06:36 PM
You can beat this Bryan! My prayers are with you

glockmeister
04-23-2014, 06:08 PM
44minium, prayers for you from my house. I beat lung cancer this past year and you can beat this with God's help. Take care, John.

Ajax
04-25-2014, 04:58 AM
May the peace of the Lord be with you. May jesus lift you up and heal you brother.

Andy

44minimum
04-26-2014, 01:47 PM
As always, thanks for the prayers, it can't do anything but help.

44minimum
05-02-2014, 10:42 PM
I went to the hospital for a chemo treatment this last Wednesday but my blood work would not let them do it. The white cell count and a couple of other things were too low so we have to wait a couple of weeks until they can replenish. It's not the worst thing in the world, at least now I have a couple of weeks to where I can eat ice cream and other cold things. I see a strawberry shortcake Sundae in my future. And the sores in my mouth will stay healed up for another couple of weeks.

shoot-n-lead
05-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Prayer sent for you and will continue to pray for you.

GOD bless you.

44minimum
06-01-2014, 12:34 PM
May 31 Update
I just wanted to let you guys know how things are going. I'm halfway through the chemo treatments and it seems to be having an effect. The oncologist said that at the beginning, my CEA numbers were 290 (that is some type of indicator in the blood that tells how much cancer is present). They have been dropping steadily and are now at 145. A normal person has a CEA number of about five, so I've still got a ways to go, but with enough prayer and God's help, hopefully I will get there.

jmort
06-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Thank you for update. Renewing prayer for a full recovery. God Bless you Brother.

Charlie Two Tracks
06-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Great news!

davidheart
06-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Praise God, thank you for the update! My wife and I will be praying for you today and continue to pray for you as often as we remember. Please keep us updated.

PS My wife wanted to know about the cowboy book(s) you wrote. Where are they available? She's on her second cowboy novel in 3 weeks which is quite the accomplishment because she's not a "reader". Would love to get her a copy of yours.

44minimum
06-02-2014, 01:34 PM
I've only done one book so far, it is an e-book available on Amazon. Here is the link- http://www.amazon.com/Long-Way-Dodge-Bryan-Davidson-ebook/dp/B00FA5PKJQ

If she doesn't have a Kindle or doesn't want to download the app for a Kindle on her computer or phone or whatever, it is also available on Smash Words.com. They have it formatted for almost any other type of e reader out there. I hope she likes it.

waynem34
06-18-2014, 10:06 AM
God bless you and may you have a full recovery.

davidheart
06-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks Bryan, I'll forward it to her. She doesn't have a kindle but I do. :D

Continuing to pray for your recovery.

Boaz
06-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Bryan we are praying for you . You have many friends here .

trails4u
06-26-2014, 10:46 PM
My mother is a three time breast cancer survivor. It has cost her ALL of her 'woman parts' over the years...but she is alive and kickin'...and just as full of piss and vinegar as she's ever been. DO NOT lose hope.....it can be beat back. Many prayers your way, my friend. FIGHT!

44minimum
06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the prayers guys, as always, they are appreciated. Two weeks ago when the doctor checked my CEA numbers they were at 58. That sounded pretty good to me. I go in for another chemo treatment tomorrow and the doctor said that this week sometime he was going to schedule a pet scan or a CT scan to check on how much the tumors are shrinking. I will keep you updated.

DeputyDog25
08-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Heavenly Father, we know you are the Great Physician, and I pray right now in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you put your hand on our brother and provide him with peace and comfort. Let your will be done in this situation and in his life. I pray that you would rap your loving arms around he and his family and comfort them, let them know you are there and help them to wait on you, as we know your perfect will is what we seek and we should always wait on you. I pray in the name of Christ our Lord. Amen.