PDA

View Full Version : New Guys: Read the Stickies & the Threads!

enfieldphile
03-07-2014, 10:41 AM
I wanted a mold like a Seaco 420 I own. But I want more then 2 cavities and I wanted a bevel base.

Reading the stickies and several threads led me to Accurate & Tom. I emailed Tom about adding a BB to one of his molds that is about a ringer for the Saeco mold.
Tom responded in a matter of minutes. Yes, a BB can be easily added!

I ordered a 5-cavity mold right away.

New casters / reloaders, read the stickies / threads! Chances someone else has "been there & done that". I have been @ loading / casting for 30+ years. There's still plenty to learn ;)

Walter Laich
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Amen.
been doing this since 1961 and just got into powder coating. I like the fact there is something out there I haven't tried.
p.s. powder coating may be the wave of the future...

tazman
03-07-2014, 09:45 PM
I have been reloading for nearly 40 years now. I learned more about how to set up a boolit for a pistol in the first 2 days reading stickies on this site than in the last 40 years on my own.
Thanks guys

enfieldphile
03-29-2014, 09:55 AM
UPDATE: I had ordered my mold from Tom on the 7th. I got the email last night that it shipped yesterday! I'm pumped.

Boolseye
03-31-2014, 09:21 PM
I have made a decision recently to spend the majority of my forum time going through the stickies.
The lube sticky and the Fryxell book (from Ingot to Target) are my current reads. I'm learning how much I don't know, and also how much I do know. Tazman, that says it all. It's all here.