PDA

View Full Version : Break Down Rev.

smokemjoe
12-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Help: Trigger pull awfull on Russian 1895 , 7.62 Nagant, How do you get it apart to do a trigger job. Thanks- Joe

leftiye
12-22-2007, 09:54 PM
I might be wrong, but part of the reason the Nagant's D.A. pull is so oxlike is that it also pushes the cylinder forward to "seal" the cylinder gap as part of the cycle. This will add to the pull so long as the revolting revolter still has this feature, and I wouldn't think of trying to alter/ remove this feature. It probly won't ever be a Smith!

Ricochet
12-22-2007, 10:44 PM
I've just been out with one that kept jamming with the cylinder forward. I'd have to take the base pin out to get the cylinder to rotate a little, then the block behind the cylinder would finally retract. Hopefully a good cleaning and lubing will fix it. It doesn't look obvious how to get into the action.

BTW, with cases that don't seal the gap, it puts out a very bright side flash from the cylinder gap with Nitro 100.

Trapshooter
12-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Hi Joe,

Make sure the gun is unloaded. To remove the side plate, there are two screws on the right side just above the grip. The front screw holds the loading gate spring. The one to the rear holds the side plate. Loosen the rear screw several turns, then tap it with a soft face hammer or a block of wood, and the opposite side will loosen. Remove the screw, and push the side plate off. For a cheap trigger job, find a small hex nut 8mm is recommended, and slip it between the tip of the mainspring, and the frame right at the back of the trigger guard. This trick is from the Finnish Gun Writer's page.

Trapshooter