PDA

View Full Version : Those in harm's way

Thumbcocker
12-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Fishhawk is "honchoing" a drive to get donations for care packages to troops in harms way or at Walter Reid Hospital. The care packages contain items that the troops have requested and will be distributed by the UStroopcare.

Donations can be made by going to the group buy page. Fishhawk and Mrs. Fishhawk will do all the purchasing and packaging of the items for shipment to the USO in flat rate boxes. (They have already been doing this on their own)

The goal is for this to be an ongoing activity with packages shipped monthly.

Their are options for $10 and $20 donations on the group buy page.

Lets get behind this effort to bring a few helpful items to those with boots on the ground a long way from home. Some of you who have been there know how much something from home can mean.

45nut
12-22-2007, 07:11 PM
In these times of family and friends...... Let's remember those in Uniform and throughout the year.

fishhawk
12-24-2007, 02:54 PM
bump to the top

fishhawk
01-02-2008, 09:44 PM
bump up

fishhawk
01-11-2008, 10:31 AM
bump up

fishhawk
01-19-2008, 11:25 AM
bump.

fishhawk
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
There are some here who think that these packages only go to the troops in Iraq, that is not the case these go to US Troops all over the world, where ever they are stationed. Yes the military is well equiped in most things but what these packages are is stuff to make a day more pleasant like toothpaste (got to buy it it's not issued) or eye drops (again not a issue item) also spices (ever eat MREs for any length of time?)
Also there are packages sent to Walter Reed army hospital. Those troops wounded any where in the world need items also like Tshirts or sweat pants for therapy or just a card to say thanks for your sacrifice. these are soldier's who go where they are ordered to and go even if they don't agree with the chain of command. so come on guys take what you would pay for a pound of powder and help out those who are defending your family around the world. If you don't agree with what some of us are trying to do please keep your comments to yourselves!

fishhawk
02-19-2008, 05:35 PM
folks thanks to the very generous donation today from "rockrat" we will be able to send out the first of i hope many more to come packages to the troops! "rockrat" stands tall in my eyes.

felix
02-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Steve, one of these days some support will be coming from Arkansas. Just when is the real question, and that question has been unansered for a couple of years now. You definitely do NOT want to know the details about the question. It falls in line with what JohnSmiles is talking about. ... felix

JohnSmiles
02-19-2008, 09:14 PM
. .you mean there ARE people who listen to what JohnSmiles is talking about . . ?
. . really?

:drinks:

[smilie=w:

bruce drake
04-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Folks,

If you guys are thinking about our Soldiers over here, could you do some thinking for a Soldier we have back in the States now.

His name is Captain Andrew Lynch, he was a fellow officer of mine in the 10th Mountain Division. He commanded our G Co (Gunsmoke) and he definitely brought the smoke while he was in command. His company supported our Brigade's Field Artillery Battalion with maintenance and quartermaster support but he'd go out and do missions alongside the shooters.

Two weeks ago his M1151 Uparmored Humvee was hit by an IED and the blast killed his driver (SPC Huerta-Cruz) and seriously injured him and the turret Gunner SPC Dixon. SPC Dixon and CPT Lynch are now at Walter Reed hospital.

SPC Dixon is expected to eventually have a full recovery. CPT Lynch lost his right eye to the explosion and will probably have an excellent military career curtailed by a medical retirement.

If people could send a note or a card to him or SPC Dixon I know the Soldiers here in the Sherpa Battalion, 10th Brigade Support Battalion would appreciate it. I know as a fellow reloader and bullet caster you guys have some of the biggest hearts. Please try to reach out to real hero and friend in my book as well.

Drew grew up wanting to be an Army Officer. He excelled in everything he did as a Soldier. I was honored to command a Company beside his and have him as a peer. Whatever the future holds for him now, I know he will succeed. If anyone here needs a real go-getter, send him a note of support.

Captain Andrew Lynch C/O
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20307-5000

Thanks Guys

Bruce