PDA

View Full Version : ar-15

hoss-noogy
12-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Do any of you load for the ar-15? This really does'nt have to do with reloading but I have A question. I have A cmmg and when I shoot it the cases are ejected but they have a bulge around the extractor grove. I noticed this on federal 223 but I just shot it a few minutes ago with some 5.56 lake city ammo and they look the same. The gun has a5.56 chamber.Thanks to all whom replies

pa_guns
12-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi

I have reloaded for the AR-15 for a lot of years. I have not seen the problem you describe with your brass. It does not sound like a good thing.....

Bob

testhop
12-22-2007, 11:37 PM
i too have shot a lot of ammo in ar15s and never saw a bulge you decribe nor have seen it in the several thousands cases of range pick up
i would susgestyou brough a ar15 bolt from a buddy and try it to see if that works also let your buddy use yours
if that is the fix it can save you a lot of time and money

tom

trickyasafox
12-23-2007, 05:11 AM
could we see a picture of the brass? I think testshop and PA_guns are both on the right track- if i'm visualizing this properly it seems like your gun may be just out of full battery when it's firing.

I AM NO EXPERT THOUGH and this is just a guess; and unfortunately its not the most educated one either. I've never seen the brass bulge you describe either :(

Lloyd Smale
12-23-2007, 05:36 AM
only brass i steer clear of is stuff that was shot in the H&ks Id say if you have a bulge so big that you can see it with your naked eye that you have a bad chamber in that gun and its probably dangerous to shoot like that and should be imediately sent in to the manufacture to at least have a look at.

Three44s
12-23-2007, 10:40 AM
I think Lloyd is right ........ you may have a shipping project in your future.

Also,

Try AR15.com .......... "The Home of the Black Rifle" .......... they are into AR's so deep they can hardly see sunlight!!

Three 44s

gregg
12-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I think Lloyd is right ........ you may have a shipping project in your future.

Also,

Try AR15.com .......... "The Home of the Black Rifle" .......... they are into AR's so deep they can hardly see sunlight!!

Three 44s

CMMG seem like good folk give them a call.

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1

http://64.184.32.112/about.html