PDA

View Full Version : here we go again

gunoil
03-05-2014, 11:34 PM
well has Richard Lee done it this time? Its not out yet but heres a vid of COMBO SEATER TAPER CRIMP DIE.

Richard Lee youtube below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzNTuQuebvs

"I woke up one morning, and all of my stuff had been stolen and replaced by exact duplicates."

Gillie Dog
03-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Patented on 4/27/2010. No sign on the horizon yet.

I would sure like one each in a few different calibers.

GD

Bzcraig
03-06-2014, 01:42 AM
That bullet puller is cool

R.Ph. 380
03-06-2014, 02:43 AM
That bullet puller is cool

That's what I thought. Wonder when it will be available. I would get that. Much less time than my collet puller or the hammer thingy

Bill

enfieldphile
03-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Again, Lee comes out w/ some cool toys!

I see Lee got some professional assistance on producing a video.

Most YouTube vids on reloading, casting, sizing etc are 90% the viewer looking @ a guys hairy forearm, while either inappropriate music or music of excessive volume plays in the background!

FLHTC
03-06-2014, 09:28 AM
I wasn't impressed with the way the press moved during bullet seating. I can imagine what it would do with the force needed for sizing. I agree the bullet puller was fascinating.

r1kk1
03-06-2014, 12:05 PM
I wonder how the bullet puller will do with cast boolits. Only time will tell.

If you do patent searches, quite a bit of the new stuff you see today is old stuff redone. I've seen new market tools with references to patents more than three or four decades old.

I hope execution of the puller is better than what's available.

Take care

r1kk1

jmort
03-06-2014, 12:10 PM
God bless Richard Lee. Who wouldn't want that bullet puller if it works well as it appears to work. Looks like it is powered by magic.

mdi
03-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Saw that video a while back. I would buy one of those combo seat/crimp dies if they use a collet...

I agree with enfieldphile; most videos I've seen are hardly worth watching; loud music, jiggy, bouncing camera, and the narrator usually talks way too much holding a case or tool in front of the camera.

gunoil
03-07-2014, 12:39 AM
turned out l was wrong about Lee combo seat crimp such as a new one like hornaday. Oh well.

Someone said: a combo die that did not shave and totally seat before crimp would be a 2 stage die and the upper activated by electric some how. Sounded like a place to start.