PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a rig to size minnie balls

Bob Maerdian
03-05-2014, 08:01 PM
I shoot 3 different reproduction rifle muskets. Two different Zouaves and a Parker Hale 3 band.

I do have and use a DGW .575 knock through sizer. I want a tool sort of like Rapine used to make. He seems to be out of business now. I'm wondering if anyone else makes such a tool. I just presses the minnie ball through a tapered die. I want to use different size dies with it, with a plug so that the hollow base does not screw up the bullet.

Thanks,

Bob 11B50

johnson1942
03-05-2014, 09:12 PM
their is a member of cast bullets that makes push through reduceing dies. i use doughty enterprises out of montana. both are fast and dont cost much.

Good Cheer
03-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Tennessee Moulds also for push through minie sizers that mount in 7/8" threads on the standard reloading presses.

451 Pete
03-06-2014, 11:32 AM
You may want to send Buckshot a PM on here. I believe he can make what you want.

Pete

carbine
03-06-2014, 02:24 PM
S&S firearms in Glendale Queens NY sells various sizes of minie sizing dies

idahoron
03-06-2014, 07:00 PM
doughty enterprises, has been not what I would call running. He has been very sick for a couple years. I got him to build me one this last year but I took it that it might be a while before he is back to full steam. Ron

fgd135
03-25-2014, 07:40 PM
I have a push thru sizing die that works on a regular press, from North East Trade Co, if you can still get in touch with him.
Lee will also make custom push thru sizers that are press mounted and are inexpensive. I bought one recently that sizes Pritchett bullets to .568", and another to resize cast bullets to .422" for paper patching in my Berdan II cartridge rifle. ~Unfortunately, it looks like they have stopped doing custom sizers until they catch up with recent orders.