PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum duct tape

Bret4207
12-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Found a new use for the aluminum duct tape we use for Beagling our moulds. It works on heating ducts!!!!:mrgreen: I have a wood furnace in the basement and one elbow kept giving me problems. I must have used half a roll of regular fabric duct tape on it. I finally remembered the aluminum stuff and tried that. WOW! What a great product.

Who woulda thunk something these days would actually work as advertised?!:-D

sundog
12-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Bret, the regular stuff of the high temp stuff? The high temp stuff - flue tape, not aluminium duck tape - works way better for beagling.

beagle
12-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Works really well for shimming scopes and sights too./beagle

stocker
12-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Also worked well for taking the slack out of a Ruger 22 semi auto pistol, When the receiver barrel assembly was locked to the lower unit they were loose. One narrow strip down each edge of the lower unit tightened it nicely.

Bret4207
12-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Bret, the regular stuff of the high temp stuff? The high temp stuff - flue tape, not aluminium duck tape - works way better for beagling.

Heck if I know. It's very thin aluminum tape with a wax paper type two piece set up that keeps it from sticking to itself.

MT Gianni
12-24-2007, 01:28 PM
That is the Hi=temp stuff. Duct tape doesn't do well in high temperature applications, It works good on AC & heat pumps but on older equipment and oil where you get duct temps of 140Farenheit it fails pretty fast. Gianni