PDA

View Full Version : A Heads Up for the Cheese Lovers...

ShooterAZ
03-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Washington State University has a creamery program. As a result, they make some of the finest cheese I have ever had the pleasure of eating. No joke, this stuff is to die for if you love cheese. It's reasonably priced and delicious. I have no affiliation here, just passing a good thing along. All proceeds go toward their program. Cougar Gold is the one I bought, it's an well aged white cheddar. I love cheese! Here's the link. http://public.wsu.edu/~creamery/1orderinform.html

Bullshop Junior
03-04-2014, 08:56 PM
I love cheese! Thanks!

frankenfab
03-04-2014, 10:05 PM
I love cutting the cheese, thanks!:grin:

horsesoldier
03-05-2014, 04:22 AM
I remember I had a girlfriend that was going to wsu and she got me a can of couger gold for my birthday. I used it for a chock block in my old bronco, never did get around to trying it lol

dbosman
03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Michigan State University has a dairy program and a cheese store. "We" invented chocolate cheese.
https://msucheese.com/ for online ordering, but there is a larger selection locally.

bayjoe
03-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Watonga Cheese factory in Perryton, Texas makes awesome cheese and the best cheese curds ever !!!
watongacheesefactory.com

str8shot426
03-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Top shelf cheese comes from my neck of the woods. Garanteed!

pretzelxx
03-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Have you been to a Wisconsin farm by chance? Pretty good cheese from the cheese head state.

9w1911
03-06-2014, 01:15 AM
I freakin love cheese talking to my old lady now about the cost break down I could order them all

Lloyd Smale
03-06-2014, 07:35 AM
got to side with you. I live in MI and theres some good cheese here but WI is the capital of cheese!! Everytime we go to Greenbay i have to at least get a bag of cheese curds. Some dont consider them cheese but i really dont care. I can sit and eat a whole bag of them. It will plug you up for a week though!! ;). seriously i think i could spend a grand at one of those cheese stores in WI!!!
Top shelf cheese comes from my neck of the woods. Garanteed!

Sweetpea
03-06-2014, 09:18 AM
got to side with you. I live in MI and theres some good cheese here but WI is the capital of cheese!! Everytime we go to Greenbay i have to at least get a bag of cheese curds. Some dont consider them cheese but i really dont care. I can sit and eat a whole bag of them. It will plug you up for a week though!! ;). seriously i think i could spend a grand at one of those cheese stores in WI!!!

I understand about the curds, but there isn't much I won't do for some Pinconning!

ShooterAZ
03-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Yeah, Wisconsin has some darn good cheese too. There are some wood window manufacturing companies up around Medford & Merrill & Wausau WI that I visit on business from time to time. Every time I go, I make sure get my share of Leinenkugel beer and cheese.

jcwit
03-06-2014, 11:22 AM
I love cheese, but not well enough to spend $10.66 a lb. for cheese.

dbosman
03-06-2014, 03:22 PM
The thing about many fine quality expensive cheeses is they taste better sliced or pared very thin. Let the flavor light up your tongue and mouth and don't be in a hurry.

ShooterAZ
03-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Some people will never know how good fine quality expensive cheese tastes because they won't fork out $10.66/lb.:kidding:

Lloyd Smale
03-06-2014, 04:37 PM
id pay twice that for GOOD cheese. So people think that shredded cheese in a bag is real cheddar!!!

ShooterAZ
03-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Yep, you can get spoiled eating GOOD cheese. After eating the good stuff, store bought cheddar is pretty much tasteless and has texture of putty. I love the crunch in a good aged cheddar.

DLCTEX
03-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Watonga Cheese factory in Perryton, Texas makes awesome cheese and the best cheese curds ever !!!
watongacheesefactory.com

I was unaware of them, thanks for the heads up. I was curious about the name, being in Perryton, TX. I knew of Watonga, OK. so that's the origin. Only 70 miles away and business takes m through there occasionally. I would like to take a tour, and sample their wares.:grin:

jcwit
03-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Some people will never know how good fine quality expensive cheese tastes because they won't fork out $10.66/lb.:kidding:

How right you are, but I will drop $500 for dinner out with the wife. Have even doubled that at times.

jcwit
03-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Three miles from my front door with many World Cheese Championships

https://www.babyswiss.com/product_awards.htm

A Few of the Cheeses that Made us Famous.

We are very proud of our awards and accomplishments. By entering these prestigious contests it allows us to rate ourselves on a National Level. The Guggisberg Employees are very proud of the hard work and the tradition behind every product we create and sell.

Lloyd Smale
03-07-2014, 07:58 AM
have to admit ive never spent more then 75 bucks for the wife and I to eat. I dont think theres a place withint 200 miles of here where you could spend more then a 100 bucks on two meals. Hurts me to spend 75 when i know it would feed me well for a week.
How right you are, but I will drop $500 for dinner out with the wife. Have even doubled that at times.

jcwit
03-07-2014, 09:34 AM
have to admit ive never spent more then 75 bucks for the wife and I to eat. I dont think theres a place withint 200 miles of here where you could spend more then a 100 bucks on two meals. Hurts me to spend 75 when i know it would feed me well for a week.

Probably not up there in the frozen North, but in the big cities, New York, Chicago etc. its easily done. One of the most expensive was in Kansas City, but that was 40/50 years ago.

Lloyd Smale
03-08-2014, 06:54 AM
we went to red lobster last night. Completely pigged out and the bill came to 70 bucks. Way to much in my opinion but the food was good and the wife was happy.

FredBuddy
03-08-2014, 02:07 PM
jcwit:

I get your baby swiss at the grocery in Danville all the time. Have you tried the sharp white cheddar at Pearl, OH ?

jcwit
03-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Nope, will have to look for that. But wife & I lean towards the more mild cheeses.

chboats
03-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Cougar cheese is some of the best cheddar I have ever had. I got 2 tins of it in the frig now.

Carl

Dale in Louisiana
03-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Cougar cheese is some of the best cheddar I have ever had. I got 2 tins of it in the frig now.

Carl

I bet it's a lot of fun collecting enough cougar milk to make a cheese.

dale in Louisiana

TXGunNut
03-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Years ago I tried making cheese, $10-11 is a good price for quality cheese.
I can do better than all but the best restaurants right here at home, just need to know where to find the ingredients and take the time to learn how to prepare them.

Bad Water Bill
03-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, Wisconsin has some darn good cheese too. There are some wood window manufacturing companies up around Medford & Merrill & Wausau WI that I visit on business from time to time. Every time I go, I make sure get my share of Leinenkugel beer and cheese.

Medford and South on R 13 always were places I left money for cheese.

Medford was where "TOMBSTONE PIZZA" got their start. Even the truck drivers lived there.

Yes those brothers believed in supporting their LOCAL community.

By the way is that OLD Leiney sign still hanging on the front of that tavern in Merrill?

That sign must be at least 50 years old if a day.

telebasher
03-09-2014, 10:21 PM
watongacheesefactory.com

They will ship out just about anything they make. FWIW

randyrat
03-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Whoooo the crunchy aged cheddar is at least 5 years old and has the taste that melts in your mouth, then wash it down with a Leinenkugels. I get spoiled with good cheese from here.

Has anyone tried a peanut butter sandwich on heavy sour cream bread with a slice of cheddar in it, your in for a treat.