PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic swaging press on e bay

rbt50
12-21-2007, 10:52 PM
their is a hydraulic swaging press on e bay ,takes H dies. i think richard corbin is selling it. starting bid 950.00

Red River Rick
12-22-2007, 12:03 AM
rbt50:

I checked out the auction site and I don't think that this swaging press is made by Corbin. The unit looks homemade, well done mind you.

Being able to to use the "H" type dies allows for a lot more possibilities. Cases as large as 50 BMG can be resized with ease, case forming and even swaging solid copper bullets up to 20MM.

Prices is very reasonable for what your getting, the power pack is probably worth $600-$700. Although it dosen't have all the features as the Corbin Hydro Press, it will definately work.

RRR

crossfireoops
12-22-2007, 01:12 AM
" Swappin & Sellin A Place to Buy and Sell Our STUFF! "NO EBAY LINKS,PLUGS or NOTICES" If the item is not for sale here,do not list it here. Thanks!"

I guess that don't apply to the rest of the forums hereabouts ?

Or do it....?

GTC

Red River Rick
12-22-2007, 02:01 AM
" Swappin & Sellin A Place to Buy and Sell Our STUFF! "NO EBAY LINKS,PLUGS or NOTICES" If the item is not for sale here,do not list it here. Thanks!"

I don't see this item listed anywhere here on this board and no links. The intent was to "Perhaps" make members aware of it's sale. I've seen many threads posted here referring to items for sale on e-bay, and nobodys complained yet.

RRR

45nut
12-22-2007, 02:23 AM

I guess that don't apply to the rest of the forums hereabouts ?

Or do it....?

GTC

The header applies to the swapping and selling forum because in my opinion it would otherwise fill quickly with links elsewhere instead of keeping the focus on our own goods in our forum. I have seen the results of an open policy and the members goods are soon outnumbered by links elsewhere.

That said, it has been my policy not to delete a "heads-up" type post in other categories as long as it is made in good faith. If such posts were to become troublesome and boorish and counter to the spirit then something would probably need to be done.

People seem to lose track of the fact this is a hobby board sometimes and we are focused on the craft of casting and the buying and selling is secondary.
That said, it is all to obvious that nobody instantly has a full set of gear and interests wax and wane with the seasons and the guns we all buy and sell so the swapping and selling benefits everyone.

I do prefer ebay take a back seat because most people that shop ebay know what they are looking for and can see for themselves what is over there.
:coffeecom:

crossfireoops
12-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Thank you for the clarification,.......somewhat new here and didn't want to step in it....
Smokin' buys are not uncommon on this e-bay deal, and If I run onto one that may interest you all, I'll post it.

GTC

No_1
12-22-2007, 12:14 PM
If I may add .02 here,

Our little community is a great place to be. We all have stuff we find hidden in a corner that we can trade / sell in order to get more stuff that will eventually end up hidden in a corner. I think the main thing to keep in mind is: If you have stuff you wish to sell here then listed it here. If you wish to sell it on e-bay then list it there. Please do not list stuff here and on e-bay. In the big picture we are trying to avoid outsiders who do not contribute to our community from turning our community into a mini-ebay.

R.

mastercaster180
12-23-2007, 03:57 PM
That press was made by Richard Corbin Not Dave. rceco.com