PDA

View Full Version : lee bottom pour

dragonfire
12-21-2007, 07:09 PM
anyone have a deal on a lee bottom pour 10# or 20# ,i dont ever see to many used ones for sale ,i guess people like them and dont part with them all that often .

Scrounger
12-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I have an old one out there somewhere, I'll try to dig it out tomorrow.

Crash_Corrigan
12-22-2007, 06:27 PM
I have two Lee 4-20's. One is 15 years old and leaks unless I keep a small pair of vice grips om the end of the stem. I use it to pre melt my ingots and feed it via a chunk if angle iron to the new non leaking one for casting.

In this manner I do not run out of alloy kept at the correct 700 degrees temperature no matter how fast I cast my boolits. I really test it with 230 grn .452's from my Lee 6 banger.

When lubed with Bullshops Sprue Plate Lube on the tops of the mold, pins and underside of the sprue plate I can cast 30 boolits a minute and drop them into a five gallon bucket really consistently and get a decent boolit really fast.

My .356's for my 9 MM are a problem recently. I think I have to Lee Ment this one as the boolts are sticking in the cavities and are not falling out well. I have gone to my Lyman 2 banger and I can make those pretty fast again using Bullshops fine lube for sprue. The lyman boolit is more accurate with Lars45 Carnuba Red lube and although slower to make it is more than good enuf for my purposes since I can thru them thru my Dillon while listening to good music on the radio. :drinks: