PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Kahr Customer Service

AnthonyB
12-21-2007, 10:09 AM
I bought a Kahr P45 last month and found some damage to the right front frame rail when field stripping it for the pre-range cleaning. There was a big gouge in the polymer frame, and 80% of the rail was missing/malformed. I took it to the range for the initial break-in anyway, and really liked the pistol despite some light primer strikes and several malfunctions. Kahr very explicitly states their pistols require a 200 round break-in, so the malfunctions didn't bother me and became more infrequent as the session continued, but the light primer strikes kept happening. I cleaned it again and returned it to Kahr for inspection, hoping they would replace the frame. They did not, but did polish the feed ramp and replaced the striker, and returned the pistol without telling me what they had done. I decided I couldn't live with the damaged frame and got them to pick up the tab to return it a second time. This time they replaced the pistol, and a brand new P45 arrived at my local shop yesterday. This one appears perfect and I look forward to breaking it in on Sunday with about 500 rounds of RCBS 45-230 CM over 6.0 gr. Unique.
Although they didn't move as speedily as I would have liked, Kahr took care of me on this one and I can continue to recommend their pistols. For anyone interested in a slim, 18 ounce 45 ACP, the P45 is hard to beat.