PDA

View Full Version : ? old dillon counter die

gunoil
03-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Anyone remember, about 12 years ago. WHAT WAS INSIDE OF DIE? IT JUST HAS THE SCREW/thread HAGGIN DOWN INSIDE DIE NOW. There is another part to screw on inside die?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/putt2012/null_zpsbb4957f4.jpg

Alvarez Kelly
03-02-2014, 08:09 PM
A threaded rod screws into female threads on the visible arm. There is also a jam nut to lock in the adjusted length.

The counter is attached to the crimp die. The nose of the bullet actuates the counter arm.

Hope that helps. I may have a copy of the generally lousy Dillon instructions around here somewhere...

gunoil
03-02-2014, 08:20 PM
It (threaded rod down in die deep) would slip off nose of copper bullet, and not count anything. Looks like it needs something to screw (up in the die) on it to count flat or whatever kind of bullet.

Dillon said same thing you did.

Alvarez Kelly
03-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Maybe that's why they don't sell them anymore. :-)

I'd try a small piece of rubber or vinyl fuel or vacuum line slipped over the threaded rod to help keep it centered.

LUBEDUDE
03-02-2014, 08:39 PM
That's why the nut is there, to catch the bullet. I used mine on .45's , so no prob. If you are loading a more narrow bullet, try doing as AK suggests. If that does not work, try placing a washer that is larger in diameter than the jam nuts and put it between them.

Good Luck

gunoil
03-02-2014, 10:38 PM
No nut on mine, (just hangin and swingin threaded rod) but i'll put a nut on and put vinyl piece on too like AK said. Well hell, u guys helped. Its a keeper.

Mike W1
03-02-2014, 11:30 PM
They don't handle them anymore. If modified mine by extending the piece that is on the counter and made sort of an arm out of it instead of that pivoting piece that went into the crimping die. Now it trips on the downstroke so the count would be off by one digit but I find it works better and certainly more dependably.

SOFMatchstaff
03-03-2014, 12:29 AM
I have a few new in the plastic if anyone wants to make an offer.??