PDA

View Full Version : Best adding for Star sizer

clintsfolly
03-02-2014, 04:50 PM
I bought a air kit from kyle623 a few weeks ago . We'll today I made time to install and use. All I will say WOW just Wow !!! After a slow start adjusting as I went I ended up with the heater set at 85 and the air pressure at 35. I use Carnauba Red. Was able to size 800 boolits just as fast as I could drop the boolit and stroke the handle!! So if your in doubt just spend the money and you Will Be HAPPY!! Clint

clintsfolly
03-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Just sizer and lubed 150 boolits in 4.5 min with out pushing!!Clint

clintsfolly
03-22-2014, 11:00 AM
I find the biggest slow down know is having to wait for the new stick of lube to warm after adding! Just did 5-600 in 30 min and was sorting as I lubed. Thanks kyle623 a great kit and fair price. Clint

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
03-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Clint, I can tell you're enjoying the heck outta that new toy. I'm jealous, I have too many gun restoration projects going to do any casting, sizing, loading and shooting right now.

bobthenailer
03-25-2014, 07:57 AM
I usually refill my lube resviour after each sizing/lubing session reguardless where its at , i heat up the large 2x7 size CR lube in a pyrex measuring cup until its in a liquid state and pour it into the resviour , that way you get the max amount of lube in it with no air pockets. and the 2x7 lube is less expensive than the 1x4 size lube sticks, i can do at least 1000+ boolets of up to .460 dia or size of the lube grove with one filling of the resviour.
My personal best only for a lark is 1000 boolets L/S that required min sizing and a small amout if lube in 37 min , only options was a shovel handle and a heated base, but I would not of liked to of continue with another thousand ! normaly 1000 or so a hour is a comfortable pace.

clintsfolly
03-26-2014, 06:08 PM
I cast and lube as a way to relax and get boolit to shoot. So I am not in a hurry to get it done but less work is good!! Clint

captaint
03-27-2014, 06:21 PM
I find my Star is one of the more enjoyable and relaxing tools I use. I look up each boolit (I keep a list of the punch length for each boolit I size and loob), and away we go. I have the heated base and the air assist to eliminate cranking the pressure thingy. I just did a couple hundred boolits a while ago. Lee 358 RNFP's. What a pleasure. Mike