PDA

View Full Version : Jinx

starmac
03-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I think I will start skipping the first day of work every year, maybe call in sick or something.
The year before last the first day after a long winter, I worked 2 1/2 hours and turned the truck upside down.
I loaded and headed north on my first load of the year wednsday and wound up driving 18 1/2 hours nonstop. My pilot pickup was off in tundra bad enough twice that I had to pull him out. I got off the road several times myself, even bent my bumper back into the tire in the deep snow, but was at least able to back back up on the road every time. The wind was blowing so hard I literally had to pull up a little past the pilot and tie off to my truck to be able to stay on my feet to reach him. lol

But to look at the bright side, there just wasn't any traffic. lol

km101
03-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Wow, first load of the year at the end of Feb.? What kinda' work schedule is that? Due to bad weather?
But at least you made it OK. You gotta' be tough to make it in The Big White North!

I am jinxed the same way @ Walmart. Been in the Wally world parking lot twice this year and got into a scrape both times! I'm gonna' quit going there. :)

starmac
03-01-2014, 09:02 PM
LOL First load since around the first of october, I have been taking the winter mostly off the last few years.