PDA

View Full Version : can l mail press to europe?

gunoil
03-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Need to mail press to europe, is that alrite?

Outpost75
03-01-2014, 01:58 PM
You probably can, depending on the country, but the postage for a large overseas flat rate box is going to be about $50 and your recipient may have to pay duty on it, depending upon the destination. I have sent reloading gear with a declared customs value of less than €200 as "used metal working tools, dies and parts - GIFT" and they went OK to my old Navy buddy who retired to Italy, married a local girl and has two grown sons whom he operates a charter boat business there now.

HGS
03-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Gunoil;

I have shipped cross borders, swage presses and copper cups by calling them what they are. Cups and presses, not bullet making equipment. Oregon tackle company in Portland Ore uses different Dave Corbin Hydro swage presses and copper cups to make Lures out of .45 cal copper jackets. For those local people, they also sell pure lead wire and ingots at real good prices.

HGS

Rory McCanuck
03-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Reloading tools aren't ITAR controlled, so you can export them no problem.
DON'T send any components, they are controlled.
You might want to check to see if there any potential problems importing the press, but I think it unlikely.

03-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Yep - No problem, send them over. 98% of all our reloading gear is from the US. There is virtually no-one who makes a press or a die in the UK now.

UNIQUEDOT
03-02-2014, 11:37 AM
No you cant send it! Laws are always changing and I sent one to the UK a couple months ago and customs seized and destroyed it!!! you won't get your money back either. Presses are regulated by the US department of commerce and an export license is required to send it.

dbosman
03-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Since you list working at Fr. Bragg, perhaps someone would hand carry the press on a hop to Europe?

joelitespeed
03-03-2014, 09:20 AM
looks like conflicting experiences here. Any one know for sure? Im interested as I have a friend moving to UK...

dbosman
03-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Europe is large. I expect the different countries have different rules on what machine tools can be imported easily or at all.

03-04-2014, 03:28 PM
If you have a look at, for example, Titan reloading. You will see that it's no problem for buyers in the UK to order a press directly from them. Shipping for a Lee cast iron classic is $91 with 6-10 service. I recently ordered a Lee hand press and even with the shipping cost it was considerably cheaper than buying in the UK.

Same with Sinclair/Brownells - This is from their website for international buyers.
Restricted Items:

United States Defense controlled items such as bullets, brass, primers, powder, rifle parts, tactical scopes, etc. may not be shipped to non-US citizens, regardless of the delivery address.

Cleaning solvents, aerosols, petroleum based flammables, and lithium batteries are regulated items that may not be shipped outside the United States. We will make every opportunity to inform you that these items will be removed from your order. Please be sure to include a valid e-mail and phone number. Again, we would like to thank you for your continued business. It is always most enjoyable to provide for our international customers. All of us at Sinclair International look forward to working with each of you for many years to come.

Good Shooting,

Kerry Parker
International Sales
kerryp@sinclairintl.com