PDA

View Full Version : New gun shop in victorville, ca.

GOPHER SLAYER
02-28-2014, 05:22 PM
I was just talking to a friend on the phone who lives in the upper desert close to Victorville, Ca. He told me that Turner's Sporting Goods had recently opened a new store there. He said he went there last night and you had to take a ticket and wait to buy a gun. He also said he heard an employee answer the phone and tell the caller that he could come to the store but they wouldn't get to him that night because there were 38 people waiting already. He said the shelves and display cases were empty when he left.

LUBEDUDE
02-28-2014, 08:00 PM
That is just too hard to comprehend. What in the Sam Hill is going on in them parts?

New conspiracy theory?

lka
02-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Ahh turners, lol

jmort
02-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Victimville, moving into the big time. A few years ago, it was slim pickings around Temecula, now the new Turners is one of many in a fairly crowded field. Doubt there was any fan fair when Turners opened here. Some day I may go in and check it out. Have purchased three guns from Turners around So Cal over the years.

HeavyMetal
02-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Turner's has changed a lot in the past several years and not really for the better,LOL!

Last time I ws in one was prior to Christmas when I had the urge for a 410 O/U. Nothing on the wall but "tacticool" stuff "sales" person had no idea a 410 O/U existed but did see fit to offer me a Mossberg pump 12 gauge, new in the box mind you, for a touch over $500.

Somebody is touched alright, LOL!

before that I hadn't been in a Turners since I got my Silver reserve in 28 gauge and paid less to boot! Must be 7 years and it will most likely be another 7 before I go in again.

jmort
02-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the review HeavyMetal. Think I will wait a while longer to visit our new Turners.

chsparkman
02-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Turner's in Riverside was my favorite when I lived there. I bought my first two handguns there, a single six and a Blackhawk in .357. That one closed down, but two years ago I took my brother over to Turner's in San Bernardino to buy his first handgun, a Ruger sr9. Good memories there. I know the folks in Victorville will love having one in their town.

SP5315
02-28-2014, 09:56 PM
He said the shelves and display cases were empty when he left.

That sounds like my experiences with any of my dealings, the last five years that I lived in SoCal.

GOPHER SLAYER
02-28-2014, 11:09 PM
To answer the questions of all the folks that do not call California home. Democrats control almost all the state offices. The governor, attorney general as well as the leaders of the senate and assembly are Democrats. They can pass any laws they want and there is little that the opposition can do about it. They are importing thousands of new voters each years so I feel it will never change for the better. Since most of that political party are dingbats and try to out stupid each other, we are stuck with the results of their social experiments which always end in confusion and chaos. I talked to a friend on the phone today and he said he found the most recent list of guns that are now outlawed in this state and he said it is 38 pages long. It even includes many revolvers. In my opinion it is not as bad as it is going to get. In defense of Turners gun shops, I bought my Pedersoli Sharps there as well as my Colt Agent. I got a good price on both and the service was great and so are the guns. My remarks may offend some but I really don't care. We should recognize and point out who are enemies are. Change who you vote for and you will no longer be offended. This post may get deleted. My name is Mister Sunshine and I approve this message.

CGT80
03-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Turners isn't too bad. Some of the employees have been less than desirable, but that happens at any store here. I bought 5 out of 7 of the guns which I needed an ffl for, from turners. One of the two not from there was an AR 15 on consignment right after sandy hook, and I was lucky to even get that. The other was from Bass Pro. I would much rather buy from turners than deal with bass pro again. They are too big, and too busy. The price isn't any better from bass pro either.

I normally use the Rancho Turners, but have used Chino Hills a lot. I haven't had any major issues from them. Just have to watch out for FUD/uneducated people and hope they don't move as slow as molasses. They seem to have the few things that I don't buy on the internet. I will hit bass pro for a few select items as well, but not to look at guns or buy guns.