PDA

View Full Version : Hammond Easy Kaster

durango
02-28-2014, 05:11 PM
I found an easy kaster in an old print shop-does anybody know the value of these furnaces? Do they come in different sizes ? How much do they weigh? What are the molds worth? Wanna buy it? Lots of questions but I'd just like to get a discussion going. Thanks for looking and I'll appreciate any comments. Steve

mikeym1a
02-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Don't know anything about it, but found this on the net.........

http://www.circuitousroot.com/artifice/letters/press/stereotyping/hammond/mat-easy-rout/index.html

durango
09-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Need to get this thread up and alive again The owner of this shop has contacted me about selling this furnace. It does work--I melted out the lino that was in it (propane). You can buy this machine for$300.00--as is, where is.(SW Iowa). There were 8-12 pig molds to go with it. I would like to have it, but no room and not enough lead to justify the purchase.

If you would be interested, jump onto this thread and ask any questions. If you are really interested, I can call you and discuss it in detail. If no one takes this, it may end up in the scrap yard.
Steve

KohlerK91
09-23-2015, 02:34 PM
I am interested in the pig moulds if can ship them.

bajacoop
09-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Any pictures?

durango
09-23-2015, 10:19 PM
First off--I'm not trying to make any profit from this deal, so I'm a little hesitant to expend a lot of effort until I find a really interested party. I'm not at all computer literate and don't type very fast and the kaster is a 30 mile trip for me. Both the owner and I are about 75 years old, so physical stuff is also limited.
If you Google 'Hammond easy kaster' you will get several hits including my OP. You can get an idea of the size and shape. I have personally had this unit fired up and melted lino and cast pigs with it--I used the 20 lb. propane bottle and regulator from my gas grill.
I have unlimited long distance and do not mind calling anyone in CONUS-just send your phone number in a PM with a time to call and we can discuss any questions you may have.
My angle in all of this--I sell ingots on this site and cast my own boolits and would like to keep this machine working to support our hobby--not being sent to the scrapyard. Thanks, Steve

Littleton Shot Maker
09-23-2015, 11:02 PM
it would a be a shame for that to go to scrap, but it's also only worth what some will pay for it. I've seen item like this where guys where asking for thousands and other just begging some one to help lift into the back of a truck bed to haul off.

A very log time ago we bought out an older gent that was into printing , got all his letter blocks,lead, lino-type etc with two giant melters , we paid for the alloy and got a 600# and another #500 pot for free..alomst free we sold the #600er off as soon as we could find a buyer. 27 years ago

sorry not a big help, but that is a cool find...hope it works out and they don't dump it