PDA

View Full Version : 92 Winchester Conversion

schutzen
02-27-2014, 10:39 PM
I remember .32 H&R Magnum lever actions being a topic several weeks back, but does anyone know of someone who could convert a rough 92 Winchester .32-20 to .327 Federal Mag or .32 H&R Mag.?

Before the purist clobber me, I have a very rough 92 Winny (no patina, no finish, cracked forearm, saddle ring missing, already scrubbed down before I got it). I am going to refinish it, but since I already have a nice .32-20 I thought a nice .32 Federal would be a good companion to my Ruger SS in .32 H&R.

Reg
02-28-2014, 01:12 AM
It would make a nice rifle but the kicker is deep down inside. The cartridge stop on the follower would have to be added to but the real problem would be you would have to come up with the two cartridge guides. It might take a lot of cutting and trying to get them right. The bolt face would have to be bushed and the firing pin converted to the smaller diameter. With all this done then the hand fitting and adjusting could start.
How much money do you have ???
I took one years ago and made it into a .218 Bee, love it.
If I could find another I would rebarrel it into 32-20. A darn fine cartridge in it's own right.

schutzen
03-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Well Reg, I've been thinking. (bad sign) I can find extra cartridge guides, maybe even in .25-20. Any idea how much money we might be talking of? The .327 is a neat little cartridge and I believe a .327 would also feed .32 H&R's.