PDA

View Full Version : jim from floyd

shaune509
02-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Did I miss some thing, Jim from Floyd was a constant poster, think there was illness in family, not read of him lately. Is every thing OK. Always enjoyed his replies and other posting.
Shaune509

RickinTN
02-27-2014, 08:59 PM
I always enjoyed his posts as well. Haven't seen him in a while.
Hope everything is OK in Floyd county.
Rick

JeffinNZ
02-27-2014, 09:31 PM
He became tired of the childish antics and lack of common decency shown by many of the members. He's gone west.

Too many members have forgotten how to be polite and that they are not entitled to be here.

Czech_too
02-28-2014, 07:57 AM
I always enjoyed reading his postings, could count on getting a chuckle now and then.
Now his recipes, and pics of the results, those always made me HUNGRY!

Brian

DeanWinchester
02-28-2014, 08:04 AM
He started his own forum. It's a private affair.

TheDoctor
02-28-2014, 09:03 AM
I miss Jim. He would take the time to pm me information and advice. Good guy. Wish he would come back.

Bad Water Bill
02-28-2014, 09:24 AM
No comment

Bill*
02-28-2014, 09:41 AM
No comment

That's a comment ;)

Bad Water Bill
02-28-2014, 09:47 AM
The moderators told me to say nice things or nothing at all so yes

white eagle
02-28-2014, 10:49 AM
yeah that is to bad he was always full of information
I watched for him and valued his opinion

Bzcraig
02-28-2014, 11:08 AM
My last email from him said "I'm done"

Doc Highwall
02-28-2014, 11:21 AM
I wounder how Mr Bill is doing?

square butte
02-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Hope Janet is OK

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-28-2014, 01:33 PM
If you miss Jim, you can always look at his blog.
http://floydpics.wordpress.com/

it looks like he signed on and surfed through here a month ago,
But hasn't posted since Oct 9 2013.

He go nailed with 2+ feet of snow 2 weeks ago

Duckiller
02-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Jim isn't the first nor will he be the last to get tired of bad manners and leave. Not sure I want moderators tell us what we can say. It is too bad that some mothers didn't teach their children any manners.

MT Gianni
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I also miss Ricochet, Jumptrap, Floodgate. Carpetman and others. Many get offended and others are insulted by boorish behavior. I for one believe we under-moderate rather than over do things. It is unfortunate that some people have no class. Many get offended by the Pit but cannot keep out of it. It would be a better world if all of us Moderators were able to sleep on the job but I don't foresee it happening at all. If you cannot abide by moderation re read the terms of service and decide how much of your time you want to be here.

bearcove
02-28-2014, 07:20 PM
You know this is like a soap opera and I miss them all.

But the nice thing about it all is, that I've never been the "popular" guy or in the "in" crowd here or anywhere else. AND I don't care.

You can leave or stay. Thank god a few small parts of our world are still free.

bearcove
02-28-2014, 07:22 PM
I had someone call me a liar on the chat.

Told him "Next time be closer"

Its hard to have a conversation just by text. We use so many other inputs to really know what someone is really saying. My problem is I'm not a good writer and I have a tendency to be blunt. Neither works well in just text.

Wasn't me that chased off Jim or anybody else, There are other's I'd chase off.

MaryB
02-28-2014, 11:48 PM
This forum is a lot nicer than most actually. All families have fights and the members who are always mad at someone. And the pit needs a huge warning sign "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" not the place to go if you can't dish it right back out. And giving it back and staying civil typically is more fun because it irritates the heck out of the ones who are always angry :target_smiley:

ps: pardon typos wearing the big wrist brace that immobilizes my right thumb

MBTcustom
03-01-2014, 12:29 AM
I just had a long talk with him a few weeks ago. He's livin the good life and enjoying himself without having to deal with certain members who made him feel extremely unwelcome here (which was bad form and not something I will forget).
Jim's in good form. I'm glad I got to know him before he decided the minuses outwieghed the pluses here.

oldred
03-01-2014, 10:57 AM
He could at least stop in and tell us how Mr Bill is doing??

white eagle
03-01-2014, 11:14 AM
kinda tell who he got into it with without knowing all the surly details

beagle
03-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I miss old Jim as well. Wish he'd come back. Jumptrap's still around. I talk with him via e-mail every couple of days. Lot of the old guys are gone. Grumble and the Mad Mexican and many more from the old Shooter's site. Interests fade some but casters seem to come back. There are a lot of casters out there but believe it or not, some are not computer literate and don't get on line. Have a friend like that. Master machinist, caster and black powder shooter but is afraid of computers. We're sure missing an asset there. Oh wll, we'll take what we get I guess./beagle

shaune509
03-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys for the info on Jim. Sorry that things like hurt feelings happen and sour between any one. Some people can always input with out the neg reaction while others even I did not like to see there Handle in the replys as there was always a harsh tone even if they did not really mean to be. We all have our faults on the forum ie bad english, or mine spelling, telling to much or to little detail etc. Hope that all can learn and improve ourselves for the better.
Shaune509

km101
03-01-2014, 09:29 PM
I didn't really know him that well, but I always made it a point to read his posts. He has a great sense of humor and a unique way of looking at the world. Maybe he will come back and say "Howdy" some time.

firefly1957
03-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Shame to lose Jim here he had good input .

TXGunNut
03-02-2014, 02:35 AM
Jim's a good man, but life and forums go on. I hope he comes back, he has a unique insight.

shooter2
03-02-2014, 11:58 AM
I too miss some of the folks who have left. Yeah, a little rough around the edges sometimes, but I never took it personally. Obviously others do. I do not post much, but still visit now and then just to see what's going on.

nicholst55
03-02-2014, 02:39 PM
I always enjoyed reading Jim's posts, and I think that he and I would get along well if we were neighbors. With the present size of our membership here, I think it's bordering on miraculous that we don't have more frequent violent disagreements. While some of the small-town or family closeness of this forum has disappeared in the past couple of years, this is still one of the best places on the Internet!

mainiac
03-02-2014, 05:01 PM
maybe he will come back....Carpetman was mentioned above,,,,,,,,,,,,,man, wasnt that guy a riot!! I miss reading his words.Is he still around somewhere??

leeggen
03-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Wonder if he still has those purple long johns?? He definatly needed them the other day. We always miss those that go away, but fail to tell them good things before they go!!!
Jim had lots of good info., people just needed to listen.
CD

DCM
03-04-2014, 09:31 PM
My bet is he got tired of those that bite the hand that helps.

lead-1
03-05-2014, 05:39 AM
Jim is a good guy, he is probably the first guy I dealt with here and was very helpful. Heck, he even give his phone number to me, a newb with no reputation, to help me out.

smokeywolf
03-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Lots of different opinions and points of view here. Also, some mighty big egos. All things considered, the moderators do a mighty fine job of keeping the discussions on track and discouraging some of the more emotional and outspoken members from letting their tempers get the best of them.

Wasn't aware of any specific conflict between Jim and anyone else. I did get the impression that Jim and Janet maintain a very high standard of right & wrong and what's proper & improper. I think that makes it difficult for them to deal with some of off-color jokes that are sometimes shared and the risque pics seen on the facebook photo thread.

Because of the eclectic mix of backgrounds and personalities on Cast Boolits and the fact that many of us are old, stubborn, opinionated curmudgeons. Unless you're willing to tolerate a certain amount of disparaging and sometimes just plain unkind remarks, for some, this can be a challenging forum to stick with.

Although I applaud Jim & Janet's unwillingness to compromise their standards, I'm sorry to lose their input.

smokeywolf

Love Life
03-05-2014, 02:27 PM
I just hope they are doing well. I remember Janet had an issue with Lyme disease and I hope all is well.

dragon813gt
03-05-2014, 02:45 PM
I hope all is well w/ them. But as far as this place goes. It's extremely tame. Even compared to what I experience on a daily basis in the real world. I don't know what happened but I wish them the best.

MBTcustom
03-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I just spoke to Jim for a couple hours on Sunday. They are in good health and doing well. He's enjoying excellent results with his BlackMagic boolit lube, and continuing his experiments. He's just as sharp as a tack and doing very well.

Love Life
03-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I had PMed Janet last week, and she replied that she is doing fine.

Thank you for that update.

foesgth
03-05-2014, 05:00 PM
many of us are old, stubborn, opinionated curmudgeons.

Hmmmm..I don't know anyone on this site that resembles that remark.

I do miss Jim's posts about life in Floyd. I read his Floyd blog but it isn't the same. Perhaps his life changed too much after he sold the Tactical Crickett.:bigsmyl2:

smokeywolf
03-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Very pleased to hear that they are both doing well.

waynem34
03-05-2014, 05:44 PM
I thought there was a cook out.I never got my invite.

Moonie
03-06-2014, 12:26 PM
I miss him as well, and others that are now gone. Jim did leave once before and I did encourage him to come back, not that I know him all that well but always enjoyed his posts. Perhaps he will come back one day, perhaps not, I wish him well and hope to see him on here again one day.

Ajax
03-07-2014, 11:56 AM
I miss Jim and Janet and have lost their number when I got a new phone. I miss my conversations with Jim he was like a Father to me, I could talk to him easily about anything. There are not a lot of people I trust like that.

Andy