PDA

View Full Version : Received some TAC1 from RandyRat

osteodoc08
02-27-2014, 11:38 AM
First of all, it has a neutral smell. I hate smelly lubes. I unwrapped it and it doesnt seem to be as "tacky" as the LBT Commercial. I hate when it gets on my hands and everything sticks to it. If I drop a boolit that has been S&L, it goes back into the smelt pile as I dont want to ram grit and dirt down my barrel.

It is in my favorite color........green. A bit pale for my liking as far as favorite color goes, but am looking forward to trying it.

Gonna get my late fathers LAM2 and other stuff this weekend (hopefully) and will get to try it out. I'm gonna clean up the LAM2 and try out the TAC1.

I'm looking for others review of TAC1. I will be using it primarily in my revolver cartrides, GC and PB molds from 357 to 45Colt at Ruger levels. Can't wait!

tomme boy
02-27-2014, 03:07 PM
You might need a little heat for it to flow.

badgerblaster
02-27-2014, 06:28 PM
I've been shooting cast for almost a year now. I contacted Randyrat for beeswax etc. to make my own lube. He threw some TAC 1 in with the order for me to try and I don't think I'll ever make my own lube now.
So far I have used it in M1 carbine, 30-06, 30-30 and 7.5x55 swiss with no problems what so ever.
I've been dip lubing and then cleaning off with a cake cutter and that seems to work the best for me so far.
I also learned that lube goes a looooong way. Those grooves don't take that much.
I haven't used it at all in my pistols. They seem to work just fine with LLA.
FWIW
badgerblaster

randyrat
02-27-2014, 07:30 PM
You might need a little heat for it to flow.
Hair dryer if needed will do the trick.

Hickok
02-27-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm using TAC 1 in my Lyman 450 and no problems, flows just fine for me at room temp. :-D

osteodoc08
02-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Hair dryer if needed will do the trick.

Thanks RR, but I've got an aluminum heater plate under the LAM2 that has a small iron attached to it. Works like a charm. No hair dryers for me.

fredj338
03-04-2014, 04:19 PM
I have been using TAC for a little over a year in IDPA. It can smoke with some powders but much better than some other lubes I have run.

hotbrew
03-05-2014, 04:49 PM
I've used Randy's Tac in 44 Spl with no issues and reduced smoke at the range. Randy's suggestion of a hair dryer works fine - use it on the boolits instead of the sizer.

hotbrew

GP100man
03-12-2014, 05:01 AM
I also bought some beeswax from RR & some TAC1

I have`nt made any yet LOL not when we have sources like RR & Lars !!

I like a bit of heat also , just warm to the touch , 100f ??