PDA

View Full Version : Got a Ballisti-cast Mark X today

PalmettoShooter
02-26-2014, 11:14 PM
I bought a ballisti-cast mark x today, their new manual caster. I got the deluxe with the big pot and 4 molds. it's faster and simpler (and cheaper) then my magma master caster. Had a look at their mk ii autocaster too. pics and comments if anyone wants any, just ask.

Moonman
02-27-2014, 03:38 AM
There link to a video of that machines operation does NOT work.

6bg6ga
02-27-2014, 08:10 AM
I bought a ballisti-cast mark x today, their new manual caster. I got the deluxe with the big pot and 4 molds. it's faster and simpler (and cheaper) then my magma master caster. Had a look at their mk ii autocaster too. pics and comments if anyone wants any, just ask.

Please do post pictures of your Mark X machine. I have a Mark IV and would like to do a side by side. You've got the better machine hands down. I was going to opt for the Mark X but budget constraints forced the downsizing. I am thinking about selling my Mark IV and moving up to the Mark X like yours.

bmiller
02-27-2014, 09:16 AM
How long did it take from the time you placed the order until you received it?

PalmettoShooter
02-27-2014, 05:58 PM
There link to a video of that machines operation does NOT work.

We took a video of it working which I believe Bill is planning on putting online when he gets back to the shop. There's one floating around on youtube that's pretty good.

PalmettoShooter
02-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Please do post pictures of your Mark X machine. I have a Mark IV and would like to do a side by side. You've got the better machine hands down. I was going to opt for the Mark X but budget constraints forced the downsizing. I am thinking about selling my Mark IV and moving up to the Mark X like yours.

I'll get pics of it as soon as I get back out to the warehouse (tomorrow hopefully, busy weekend coming up). I will tell you that I really, really like it. It's solid as hell and built like a tank. The molds get up to temp incredibly fast and the blowers are industrial grade (IMHO) and are adjustable for airflow. I'm rigging up a microswitch counter so I can keep track of how many I cast. I'm using it for prototyping and backup production for my casting business. For the price you can't beat it, and it's a well designed machine mechanically. I had a look at the Mark II also, their automated caster. I think I'll be getting one of those too when orders pick up.

PalmettoShooter
02-27-2014, 06:06 PM
How long did it take from the time you placed the order until you received it?

I actually got lucky with mine in that I got it incredibly fast. There was a delay because of a snow storm in the south east (Snowmageddon 2014 ... 2" of snow in South Carolina = literal state of emergency), but it only took a couple of weeks. I got in touch with Bill while he was on the road doing deliverys and told him that I'd take it. He came and personally set it up and said they have a CNC set up to crank out Mark X's. I feel very confident that they can take care of new orders coming in quickly.

ssnow
02-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Congratulations on your new machine!!! I'm sure you are going to like it. It must be the one I got a look at as Bill passed through delivering my Mark II. The original idea for the machine was great, and the newest units (like yours) have even been upgraded and refined since the first machines. You just can't beat it at the price......there is nothing else quite like it out there.

Rich219
02-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Never mind, I found the price on their site.

6bg6ga
02-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Never mind, I found the price on their site.

Their not cheap but they are worth the wait[smilie=1:

PalmettoShooter
02-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Congratulations on your new machine!!! I'm sure you are going to like it. It must be the one I got a look at as Bill passed through delivering my Mark II. The original idea for the machine was great, and the newest units (like yours) have even been upgraded and refined since the first machines. You just can't beat it at the price......there is nothing else quite like it out there.

Probably so, he still had another MK II in the truck when he ran by my place. Yea, it's a neat design and it's great for me starting out with the biz. I have the magma MK V to run too, but I think I'm going to mess with that until I can buy a Ballisticast MK II and never look back haha.

Pics up sometime tomorrow everybody!

bmiller
03-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Promised pics, Please! :)

2ridgebacks
03-03-2014, 10:59 PM
I would be curious to compare your MKx to mine. I believe there has been an upgrade or two since we took delivery around the first of Feb. And, FWIW, we contacted Derek/Mike when the group buy post went up. I have a couple of small issues to iron out, and I will post pics and a review on mine. Hopefully we have the lubesizer before we are out of room to store HG68's.

msand
03-04-2014, 12:10 AM
I would be curious to compare your MKx to mine. I believe there has been an upgrade or two since we took delivery around the first of Feb. And, FWIW, we contacted Derek/Mike when the group buy post went up. I have a couple of small issues to iron out, and I will post pics and a review on mine. Hopefully we have the lubesizer before we are out of room to store HG68's.

What issues are you having with it? I put a substantial amount of time into the design for my mechanical engineering senior design project and might have a few ideas to help you get them worked out. I'm not associated with Ballisti-Cast, but am a fan of the machine and make a lot of cast boolits.

6bg6ga
03-04-2014, 07:38 AM
What issues are you having with it? I put a substantial amount of time into the design for my mechanical engineering senior design project and might have a few ideas to help you get them worked out. I'm not associated with Ballisti-Cast, but am a fan of the machine and make a lot of cast boolits.

Good to see you back here. Great design by the way. One must remember that with any design there are usually revisions. Revisions are generally a way to make something that is great a slight bit better or possibly slightly easier to manufacture, run, so on. The machine is a world beyond others out there. Any any rate a well deserved pat on the back for a great product.

2ridgebacks
03-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Good to see you back here. Great design by the way. One must remember that with any design there are usually revisions. Revisions are generally a way to make something that is great a slight bit better or possibly slightly easier to manufacture, run, so on. The machine is a world beyond others out there. Any any rate a well deserved pat on the back for a great product.

+1 on the above. Nothing serious at all. Just waiting on the revised handle and new molds.

PalmettoShooter
03-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Hey everybody, sorry on taking so long to put up pics/vid. Life has been hell lately, so busy, so busy. I'm casting up some test samples late tonight when I'm free so I'll get the promised pics and etc then and get them up by tomorrow.

Joel

bmiller
03-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Anybody have pics?

Brenden
03-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Bump for the pictures or video.

bmiller
03-24-2014, 09:50 PM
There are pictures and video on the Ballistacast website.

Brenden
03-24-2014, 09:59 PM
It's not so much seeing the video, it's seeing a Ballisti-Cast product in a customers hands.

bmiller
03-25-2014, 07:41 AM
Understood