PDA

View Full Version : Met a fellow caster at LGS today.

DLCTEX
02-26-2014, 09:45 PM
I stopped by the LGS while in Pampa today and picked up a pound of LeverRevolution for my 30-30. An older gent was looking at the powder shelf and then perusing the bullet shelf. He was dismayed at the price of jacketed bullets. I showed him a couple of cast boolits I happened to have in my pocket. He said he cast for pistol and not rifle as he didn't want to buy gas checks. I told him about aluminum checks and we discussed my loads for 30-30 and others. He said he may have to start cating for rifle with the prices of jacketed. I told him about Cast Boolits, but he doesn't do Internet. I gave him my number and invited him to call me if he needed anything. Lgs had more powder, primers, and ammo than I'd seen in a year or so. Went to WalMart and they also had more ammo than usual, but still no 22's. Posted notice said limit on ammo three boxes to a customer per day.

JeffinNZ
02-26-2014, 09:50 PM
Good skills. Nice to help others.

osteodoc08
02-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Gold star for you today. Besides, it's always good to make new acquaintances as they sometimes turn Into life long friends.

uncle joe
02-26-2014, 10:20 PM
fyi I hear that our local walmarts DO have 22's they just keep them behind the counter until you ask for them.

DLCTEX
02-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Our Walmarts have no one to ask. If you wanted ammo you would have to chase down an employee and get them to call someone over.

Freightman
02-27-2014, 11:40 AM
I ask no was the answer , he said the same dudes buy the limit every time they come in. Not a big deal might shoot 20 rds once a year of .22's

mold maker
02-27-2014, 11:51 AM
I was told this morning that the same 5-7 fellows are at the(WallyWorld) sporting goods counter every day from about 6:00 AM. What ever arrives never makes it to the shelves. It's been that way for over 3 years.

Bad Water Bill
02-27-2014, 12:19 PM
My local Wal Mart has NEVER carried anything related to those nasty guns said one of their sporting department staff. And no they never have.

Wonder what Sam would say about that attitude if he were here today?

Bullshop Junior
02-27-2014, 12:39 PM
I've been looking for powder ever since I got to texas and can't find a place that even sells it.

Bad Water Bill
02-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Everyone heard you were coming and quickly hid it.:bigsmyl2:

Now if Amanda went into a local G S and said she needed some to protect herself from a 6'9" abominable snowman from Alaska, they would probably trip over each other to GIVE her anything she wanted.:kidding:

Bullshop Junior
02-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Tried that one. They tried setting her up with a SKS and ammo but no powder

Bad Water Bill
02-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Since you are now a TEXAN I can hardly wait to hear how the two of you managed to consume 3 BIG hogs in only 3 weeks.

That has got to be a real Texas windie for sure.

geargnasher
02-27-2014, 10:57 PM
I've been looking for powder ever since I got to texas and can't find a place that even sells it.

Just WOW.

Gear

DLCTEX
02-28-2014, 12:41 AM
Some Walmart sell reloading supplies. It's up to the store manager to stock it or not, according to one of their managers. Surely there are LGS near Gonzalez that sell powder and other supplies?

bearcove
02-28-2014, 07:56 PM

Fricking Transplants!!!!!!!!!!!

bearcove
02-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Welcome to Texas!

Bullshop Junior
02-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Fricking Transplants!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol..

Bullshop Junior
02-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Some Walmart sell reloading supplies. It's up to the store manager to stock it or not, according to one of their managers. Surely there are LGS near Gonzalez that sell powder and other supplies?

There isn't a gun store in gonzales. There is a pawn shop that sells guns in seguin but they don't sell powder. They did have some primers that I bought. That's the closest town. I know there is a cabelas near Austin but havnt had time to drive that far yet

AKtinman
03-01-2014, 12:19 AM
There isn't a gun store in gonzales. There is a pawn shop that sells guns in seguin but they don't sell powder. They did have some primers that I bought. That's the closest town. I know there is a cabelas near Austin but havnt had time to drive that far yet

You might try Nagel's Gun Shop in San Antonio. Or The Armory in Victoria.

Bullshop Junior
03-01-2014, 12:21 AM
San Antonio is a bit of a drive for me to just go get powder. I havnt even justified going to Austin yet and its 20 mile closer.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-01-2014, 12:21 AM
AKtinman,
are you going to wells on the 8th ?
Jon

propwashp47
03-01-2014, 12:53 AM
I use to run around in pampa, Borger, Frich, Phillips, Canyon and Amarillo great place to be a boy with a 22 . bullshop jr don't waste you time trying to get powder from Cabelas, haven't hade more than 5 lbs of powder in stock for two + years and its not what most want. plenty in Austin . all so Nagels in S.A. is the best stocked with reloading supply's in the hill country. all so in TEXAS if some thing is across the road its 20 miles away. Donald

Bad Water Bill
03-01-2014, 02:10 AM
I use to run around in pampa, Borger, Frich, Phillips, Canyon and Amarillo great place to be a boy with a 22 . bullshop jr don't waste you time trying to get powder from Cabelas, haven't hade more than 5 lbs of powder in stock for two + years and its not what most want. plenty in Austin . all so Nagels in S.A. is the best stocked with reloading supply's in the hill country. all so in TEXAS if some thing is across the road its 20 miles away. Donald

HEHE

After spending his whole life in Alaska where 6 Texas,s would not cover all of the state, 100 miles probably is around the corner to JR.

Just count all of the miles he drove from Ak till he AND Amanda finally settled in Gonzalez.

20 miles isn't even worth starting the truck to that young man.:bigsmyl2:

Bullshop Junior
03-01-2014, 11:05 AM
HEHE

After spending his whole life in Alaska where 6 Texas,s would not cover all of the state, 100 miles probably is around the corner to JR.

Just count all of the miles he drove from Ak till he AND Amanda finally settled in Gonzalez.

20 miles isn't even worth starting the truck to that young man.:bigsmyl2:

If I wanted gun powder in Alaska it was a 120 mile drive. Then I got banned from the store that sold it so I havnt been able to buy powder for over a year. I will have to try to make a run to San Antonio once my truck is fixed.

propwashp47
03-01-2014, 11:33 AM
yes bad water bill A.K. is the only state where even one Texas will fit. happy to be tyrant free since march 2 1836 .TEXAS independence day is on Sunday can a Texan be too proud of his state .short answer can you ever have too many guns and too much .ammo? that wood be NO! I drive 1200 miles every week Monday thur Friday if I don't go any where but to work .I will add 450 miles to go to the gun show today in S.A. and drive to temple and deliver a tire machine on Sunday. I ave 90 ,000 per year . bull shop jr what powder are you looking for?

Bad Water Bill
03-01-2014, 11:40 AM
yes bad water bill A.K. is the only state where even one Texas will fit.

If they could let the ???? out of them Texians you could pack all of them in R. I. and still have space left over.:kidding:

Or so I have been told by an OLD timer from there.:bigsmyl2:

Bullshop Junior
03-01-2014, 11:44 AM
yes bad water bill A.K. is the only state where even one Texas will fit. I drive 1200 miles every week Monday thur Friday if I don't go any where but work . will add 450 miles to go to the gun show today in S.A. and drive to temple and deliver a tire machine on Sunday. I ave 90 ,000 per year . bull shop jr what powder are you looking for?

Anything. Spacifiy anything to load for my 454...I could use small rifle primers too. And some large pistol

propwashp47
03-01-2014, 12:20 PM
bill you are so bad. Texas gas keeps folks warm up north and lets us drive to work .do you know it took less than 90 days to build the pipe lines to Chicago. this is the best time of the year for me the rodeo, cowboy breakfast, being on Alamo plaza when thy read the names of the defenders of the Alamo and give a musket salute .we TexanS will have cow poop on our boots but you might find its seeping out from the inside. I will keep a eye open for you bull shop jr. down the road we go

wcp4570
03-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Junior
There is a gun range near you that carries powder and reloading supplies, at least they did 3 years ago before all the shortage took place. It is called Bexar county gun range (Bexar is pronounced Bear) it is outside Seguin. The phone number there is (830) 914-2182, give them a call and see if they still carry powder.

wcp

Bad Water Bill
03-01-2014, 12:38 PM
propwashp47

The Win 94 rifle in 38-55 I inherited from my grandfather still bears his blood stains and still leaks Texas dust everytime I fire it.

Not sure of the count but this coming week I will be passing many of those funny pumps and coal mines on the way to the state capitol.

Now if we can get them fracking we will also have natural gas as well.

We also ship you CORN for your corn bread.:)

When grandpa died he was still carrying 8 lead pills he picked up along the was when he served as a "TEXAS RANGER"

Bullshop Junior
03-01-2014, 12:51 PM
I've always wondered why you left Texas.