PDA

View Full Version : Lee Quick Trim - 9mm Makarov

Gunor
02-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Just like an opinion on the Quick trim system.

I already have a Gracey for 223, 308, 3006. Also have a Wilson and RCBS trimmers

But was wondering for making 9mm Makarov from 9mm luger...

I have the regular Lee trimmer on the mill. The Lee shellhoulder works - but does not seem to hold up with all the brass hogging that is need to reduce to the makarov length.

Quick trim looks nice.....

Thanks
Geoff in Oregon

Outpost75
02-26-2014, 04:13 PM
I use the tool to trim .38 S&W to 9mm Rimmed for use in my Ruger revolver and it works well. You will be trimming a similar amount off 9mm brass, and it should work fine for that purpose once you get the length adjustment set correctly.

Wayne Smith
02-26-2014, 10:13 PM
I make mine with the Lee three jaw chuck in my drill motor and the Lee cutter with the ball handle. That plus my Hornaday die set and I'm home free. A hundred or so takes a short evening.

UNIQUEDOT
02-26-2014, 11:23 PM
I ordered one, but when I opened the package and saw it I sent it back. I had the same reaction when I opened the package and looked the BL handpress over... it too went back. I use the lee trimmer in a drill or drill press for 9x18's and I've also modified a Lyman cutter head to take Lee pilots for the Lyman e-zee trim. I picked up a spare 9mm e-zee pilot to modify for 9x18 also.

Gunor
02-27-2014, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the input.
I just remembered I bought the Lee 3 jar chuck - so I'll try that.

Geoff in Oregon

orbitalair
03-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Get a good lathe type trimmer. I use the Forster classic. Had to get the short rail and 9mm pilot extra however.
Once set up, it cuts 1mm off a Luger no sweat. I've done about 800 so far.

The lee thing sits vertical, all the trimmings fall...seems very messy to me.