PDA

View Full Version : 9MM milsurp brass prices?

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-25-2014, 01:46 AM
Does anyone know what 9MM milsurp brass is going for these days? I'm talking about in quantities big enough to fill the fixed rate USPS priority mail boxes.

tomme boy
02-25-2014, 04:59 AM
Most I see on a couple of sites is 35$/1K delivered. A easy place to check is on AR15.com equipment exchange. Around here where I live it is $0.04/ea. to buy it, and $0.03/ea. to sell to dealers. Or $1.82/lb. at the scrap yard.

bobthenailer
02-25-2014, 08:23 AM
AS abuntant and reasonably priced as once fired commercial 9mm brass is, i personaly would not fool with military brass if they have crimped in primers.

GRUMPA
02-25-2014, 08:48 AM
AS abuntant and reasonably priced as once fired commercial 9mm brass is, i personaly would not fool with military brass if they have crimped in primers.

That's the way I view it too. Unless they were almost given to me I wouldn't even touch them.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-26-2014, 09:06 AM
I picked up a bunch of what was supposed to be .223 and .45ACP from a guy who needed to get rid of it. It was in wooden crates and was government surplus. The .223 brass was GI and I sold enough of it to get my money back out of it and reloaded the rest. The .45 was civilian brass, but there wasn't much of it as there was supposed to be. Turns out most of the .45ACP was actually 9mm milsurp. I was debating selling it, but with the responses on this forum and the other I posted on, I think I'm going to scrap it. It simply doesn't bring enough money to make it worth while for the time and effort to package, advertise and ship it.

Should bring decent money at the recyclers, as scrap brass and aluminum is up. Had a bunch of left over giblets of aluminum from where I rebuilt an aluminum bass boat 2 years ago. I got 42 bucks for 124 pounds of leftovers you couldn't make anything out of, just small chunks and pieces with a ton of circle cutouts, cut offs, etc.