PDA

View Full Version : Two new levers in the safe.

waco
02-24-2014, 10:56 PM
My father passed away on Tuesday. He left all the guns to us three boys. I am the proud new owner of a Win.94 30-30

that was made in 1971, and a VERY nice Marlin 1894 Cowboy .38/.357 with the JM stamp on the barrel.

Both guns show a little wear but are in really nice shape.

I've wanted a 30-30 for sometime now. Not really the way I wanted to get one though.

I have a Lyman 311041 mold on the shelf that should work well.

The action and trigger on that Marlin are WAY nicer than my other 1894's.

Hope to get out with them soon and make the old man proud.

Rest In Peace Walter Charles Coats
1954-2014

jonp
02-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Congrats on the guns, sorry for your loss. Im sure he will be smiling ear to ear when you get the firearms out to the range. They are meant to be shot

John Allen
02-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Both of those are great guns, I am sure your father will be with you in spirit while you are out shooting them.

Scharfschuetze
02-24-2014, 11:34 PM
My condolences for your loss. The two lever guns will always make for nice memories of your father.

osteodoc08
02-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Shoot the heck out of them. That's what I've been doing with my fathers levers. He has a 32 WS I'm wanting to get a hold of and possibly get done up with a nice charcoal blue and case colored receiver to use as a family heirloom.

Idaho Mule
02-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Sorry for your loss, you will miss him. Congrats on the levers tho as they will both prove to be lots of fun. JW

smoked turkey
02-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Not the preferred way to add to the collection for sure. I offer my prayers to you and your family for the loss of your dad. Its a tough one but all will be well given a little time. I cherish an old Smith K-22 that belonged to my dad. So I know the feeling you will have each and every time you take one of his old guns out.

Uncle R.
02-26-2014, 12:28 AM
Sorry for your loss.
<
I have a few of my dad's guns and even though he's been gone now for many years his guns helped my boys learn to shoot and were carried by them on some of their first hunts. It's not as good as having their grandpa there with lessons and encouragement but it's a comfort nonetheless that his guns can be a part of the process. In a way it's as though he IS helping them learn - after all, he provided the guns. I hope those lever rifles will be a comfort to you too.
<
Uncle R.

rintinglen
02-26-2014, 09:27 AM
My sincere condolences.
I lost both of my parents back in 06, and still miss sharing things with them.
I wish Dad still had his guns and I still had my Dad and Mom.