PDA

View Full Version : SACM Model 1935-A?

Ragnarok
02-23-2014, 07:08 PM
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/83/SACMModel1935A.jpg/400px-SACMModel1935A.jpg

One of these...I want to shoot a French 1935-A pistol I've had for some time..and have not bothered to scrounge ammo for. 7.65mm MAS pistol/sub-gun ammo..or .30 cal Pederson device ammo..or .32 long(or longue?)..any of this ammo ain't just laying around

A couple places list the load as a doable deal Gad's and Buffalo Arms...Graf's has Bertram brass(like $33 per 20!)...I heard or read something about PPU maybe going to put the round in production(probably internetz rumor)...

I would like to buy some ammo in reloadable brass so no surplus for me..So just what do all you lucky owners of French 1935 do for ammo...brass...dies bullets etc??

historicfirearms
02-23-2014, 08:17 PM
That's funny, I was just looking at one of these in a gun shop last week. I'd never seen one before so it caught my eye.

Buffalo Arms Co sells brass and loaded ammo, but its pricey.

littlejack
02-23-2014, 09:13 PM
I just sold (last week) some 7.65 MAS ammunition. I had about 60 rounds of reloaded. This ammo was made using Starline 32
Long brass with the rim turned off, and the ejector groove turned to spec.
It is doable.
Jack

rintinglen
02-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Two ways of making brass for this gun exist. As mentioned above, you can turn the head down on 32 S&W Long brass and recut the extractor groove. This is relatively quick and easy if you have a lathe. Alternatively you can make brass by full length sizing 30 carbine brass through a .339 push through die, trimming to length and then reaming.
I have done this, and it is neither quick nor easy. Brass can be loaded using 32 acp dies.
Alternatively, hold your nose and pay the premium price from one of the specialty brass purveyers.
Darn those French.

Gunor
02-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Cool pistol, bought one 25 years ago. Don't why know why - ammo was and is the issue. Got lucky last week and bought a few rounds last week.
Buy a pistol, you can actually buy ammo for and not pay a buck a case.

Geoff in Oregon

Ragnarok
02-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Hmm...Buffalo arms ain't going to make any ammo for these anytime soon(I emailed..they responded this morning)...I don't see all that good a reviews online for Gads...

I guess I make my own

crazy mark
02-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Google 32 french long brass. I got mine from BA about 6 years ago. If they get enough requests they might just hurry up. I have 3 boxes of original ammo left and the one box I fired had about 40% duds and is berdan primed. There is a guy who sells loaded ammo also but he is slow.

Dschuttig
02-24-2014, 08:00 PM
I have a 1935-s. It's a neat little gun, kinds like a 1911 junior. I found the biggest problem is the dies. The 32 acp dies size the cases to much, and given the difficulty in getting brass for this making cases last forever is a top priority. I use the 7,62 nagant revolver resizer to size the brass. I keep pushing it in deeper untill the neck is sized enough to hold the bullet firm. Second problem was the need to use .312 bullets for my .3115 barrel. The CH4D seater wants to squeeze them back down to .309, so I found the 7,5 swiss revolver dies seated fine without working the brass.

I think that the reason for not being able to get brass from BA is the lack of 32 S&W long brass right now.

Ragnarok
02-24-2014, 10:32 PM
Is there any benefit gained(thicker webs or such) from using .32 magnum brass?

I have both .32 S&W and .32 Mag brass on hand for my 16-4..I guess I could spare some for the silly French auto-pistol