PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Powder?

Themoose
02-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Not sure if it would work, but I had a brain fart... with many having problems locating their favorite powders... I wonder if people could list powders that they would want to trade or trade for...I'm not sure how it would work... but would think that the trades would be best face-to-face to avoid shipping and hazmat charges... The idea may not work at all... I was just thinking for an opportunity for guys to locate supplies... I know that I have sold/traded some rifles that I still have powder for and never used... for example I have some Sc7828 and 4831 that probably will just sit on the bench... anyway an idea that maybe someone can expand to workable plan.

MUSTANG
02-23-2014, 05:26 PM
I agree the concept has merit. Perhaps a new sub category under The Commercial Sector, parallel with Swappin and Sellin, Team Boolit Swappin & Sellin, etc..

It could be called "Powder & Primer Trades".

I too have several powders I would list as I have not used them in over 10 years. Key would be for posters to list their general areas so swaps could work out logistics of a "Meet Me", vice an unposted address listing a powder, to only discover the poster is in Maine, and the person wanting the powder is in Southern Cal.

Ole
02-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Good idea, but most people can't ship HAZMAT legally. ORM-D (ammo) is OK, but primers and powder are nono for most.

That said- I have bought and sold lots of primers and powder locally, and it's 100% legal. :mrgreen:

NewbieDave007
02-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Good idea, but most people can't ship HAZMAT legally. ORM-D (ammo) is OK, but primers and powder are nono for most.

That said- I have bought and sold lots of primers and powder locally, and it's 100% legal. :mrgreen:

I recently moved back to the East Valley (Mesa), do you mind telling me where I might find some powder?

Thanks.
Dave

destrux
02-25-2014, 01:30 AM
I was just thinking about this today. I have a few extra pound jars of H335 and an extra IMR4064 and I'd really like to trade one or two of them with someone local for H110 or W296 or Lil'Gun.

MUSTANG
02-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Makes my point that we need a separate sub category where those "With and Unuseable Powder" can arrange to meet with others to Trade face to face..

smokesahoy
02-27-2014, 06:46 AM
yeah i'd be down with this, ~8 pounds of ramshot zip (similar to 231) i have no real use for.

bobthenailer
02-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Sounds like a excellent Idea ! I also have powders i could trade that im not using for something i am!
finding someone in your area will be the only Glich !

Themoose
02-27-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm not a computer or design guy so don't know how to build a format that would be useful or who to approve on the forum... I see that so far we have some of the western states and three(including me) who live in PA.(I live in South Central PA.) that are interested...anyone know how we can proceed... think it would pick up speed if we can display what and where powders would be available.

TheMoose