PDA

View Full Version : Powdercoating rack

Boosted98gsx
02-22-2014, 05:21 PM
The part that befuddles me about this method, is how are you supporting these boolits when baking as to not have the "paint" come off?

I think I saw someone had made a little top/bottom screw jig that had fine points to hold the boolit in the middle. I would think you would be limited to the number you could do at a time with this method.

So how do you support the entire boolit during coating/baking and not lose powder during the process?

I want to powdercoat some 300 BLK boolits, but I fear not being able to give the base a good coat, which is where most of the lead buildup in my suppressor would come from.

sidecarmike
02-22-2014, 05:37 PM
97435I'm using a French fry basket out of a deep fryer. I have a good sized oven and found that if I cut the handle off, I can fit two of these in, side by side. $2 each at the local university surplus store. My son is a chef. He says nearly any restaurant will have one laying around with a broken handle.

The way the mesh is welded, I lay the bullets on their side, end to end and get about 60 9mm's in a basket.

popper
02-23-2014, 11:05 AM
DT-PC them, stand base down on NS foil or parchment paper & bake. ES-PC base down then DT-PC the base. Either way. Or use H-T coating for subs.

newmexicocrawler
02-25-2014, 01:10 PM
I have used a screen made out of same material that frier basket is made out of, I turned the corners up to make it stiffer and life is good.