PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 450 Pressure Nut "O" Rings

Shiloh
12-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Folks does anyone have the correct O ring # or dimensions for the ones that go onto the Lyman 450 Pressure Nut?? Mine are so trashed that the only dimension I can get is the .125 diameter.

I did a search of the sight and found info on the O ring on the bottom of the lubrisizer, but nothing on the pressure nut.

My options are that I could just take it into Hardware Hank and get the closest ones that fit, call Lyman and see what size they are, or call Lyman and order some. I'd like to try option one but get the right ones the first time.

Let me know folks and thanks in advance.

Shiloh :castmine:

Sam
12-18-2007, 01:50 AM
I just went through the assortment at Home Depot. cost 37 cents, I got 2 spares.

Sam

imashooter2
12-18-2007, 08:27 AM
I just went through the assortment at Home Depot. cost 37 cents, I got 2 spares.

Sam

So what size/# were the replacements?

floodgate
12-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Shiloh:

Lyman Stock No. 2990689. Call 1-800-22LYMAN. They'll get them to you by return mail.

floodgate

Shiloh
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks Floodgate.

They don't seem to be answering their phone today in the Lyman service dept. This is within there posted customer service hours. I'll try again tomorrow.

Shiloh

mtgrs737
12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I got some of the die O rings from my true value hardware store, they have a display that has a bunch of sizes and I am sure you would find what you need there. I don't know if all true value stores have the same display but the one at mine is awsome.

Curly James
12-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Good luck getting Lyman to answer the phone I tried for several days with no luck. On the advice of several members of this board I finally just took the whole thing to my local ACE Hardware. The guy behind the counter (he was really interested when I told him what the equipment was used for) helped in locating the proper size rings. I don't have the numbers (this was probably stupid of me as I'll more than likely need them again) but that was how I fixed my lubersizer. It works great with no leaking now.

Dale53
12-22-2007, 01:57 PM
I personally would try a local "mom and pop" hardware store first. Then, if I don't succeed, I go to Lowe's Home Improvement. Lastly, if that doesn't work, try an auto parts store.

Dale53