PDA

View Full Version : VZ24 - I am bubba

nekshot
02-21-2014, 09:17 AM
I was really getting bored and out of a bunch of vz's I bought years ago to sporterize this one a 1937 year had the best metal finnish of them all. This stock was the nicest walnut in the bunch, handguard did not match so I took from another stock the wood to make this ones hand guard. I thinned everything down just a little to feel more like a gun and not a premedial club. I figure no offence to any one as these vz's are not sought after except by guys like me who really like their recievers! Out of the bunch only 2 stocks had this nice mineral streaked walnut and now only this one. I am sure this metal was refinnished at some time but the metal is free from scars of any kind. Maybe a pacifist was issued this gun?

97314 97315 97313

CastingFool
02-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Looks very nice. good job!

swheeler
02-21-2014, 05:31 PM
You did good bubba:)

UBER7MM
02-21-2014, 06:13 PM
+1 on the pre-medial club! Looks like you removed the redundant side mounted sling swivels. Good job!

JSnover
02-21-2014, 08:23 PM
That's an insult to Bubbas everywhere, it looks way too nice.

mpbarry1
02-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Very nice job! You and a few other sure do some nice work with wood! I have been thinking about refinishing my turk thanks to some the work you guys have done.

357maximum
02-21-2014, 08:45 PM
No hacksaw, no dremel, ....no bubba...sorry you do not make the cut, looks too nice for a true bubba. Kinda like someone pretending to be a redneck.....rednecks know who is farse...... and as a true bubba...I KNOW YOU IS NOT ONE. :smile:

Gtek
02-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Agree on the VZ receivers. I must admit I have to agree with 357M when they turn out that nice, you ain't no Bubba! Sorry, I can tell you do not have the capability of making Fugly. Gtek

nekshot
02-21-2014, 09:51 PM
You fella's almost make me blush! Wait till you see the takedown vz I am working on. If all goes as plan it will be clip fed. These vz's are a hoot to work on, the actions are super smooth to begin with so all you do is the outside of gun.

kywoodwrkr
02-21-2014, 11:02 PM
I figure no offence to any one as these vz's are not sought after except by guys like me who really like their recievers!
That's what thought when I bought ten from CAI many years ago. $75@?
Told a Mauser collector friend of mine, who insisted on looking at all of them.
I got three back!
Ordered five more to make me happy, Didn't show him these.
Some I kept were counter bored, some others had other maladies. Actions were oh so good.
I seem to get rid of all my 8mm Mausers and then think, 'Oh I want one again!'
They're as bad as some drugs.
Wish you were closer so I could 'allow' you to bubba some of my current house guests.
Looks good!