PDA

View Full Version : RCBS The Greatest Again.

NVcurmudgeon
12-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I have a Set of RCBS .30 Carbine dies. Entirely through my own brutality I broke the decapping pin holder off the expander die. (This is an older set, with a sizer only, a decapper/expander, and a seater.) Current dies are a sizer/decapper, an expander only, and a seater. Today, I received a new sizer/decapper die and a replacement expander for my former exander/decapper die. They came with an extra green die box, and at no charge of course. RCBS has no way of knowing whether I even have a set of their dies, or where I got them. That's why my shop contains mosly green boxes.

12-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Agreed -- now that I'm smarter on reloading equipment (and have more of the initial capital under my belt), most anything that comes onto my bench is green. Lee gets the nod still on some, but if its a choice between green or orange or Hornady ($red$), green is the easy choice. 308 decapping pins, lubrisizer o-rings, you name it, they back it up no matter how you get it.

Steve in TN
12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
RCBS has removed several stuck cases from dies for me, some of us hasta learn things the hard way. RCBS has always backed their product, even when it has been operator error. Hey guys, I'm a newbee to this forum, it's great knowing there's others in this world with the illness.

400cor-bon
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
RCBS dies are the best mainstream pistol dies out there.
IMHO

johnp
12-18-2007, 08:01 AM
A while back I loaned a buddy my uniflow, when it came back it was missing the metering screw for the small powder drum. After searching it was deceided that it must have fell out of the box and lost forever.
I called RCBS to buy one but they sent it for free anyway. I was trying to pay her for it but she would have none of it.
I hope they never change.

EMC45
12-18-2007, 12:12 PM
They are some good folks!

Marshal Kane
12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
IME, their customer service is second to none. Others may be just as good but none are better.

jjamna
12-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I broke a decapping pin a while back and couldn't find any locally so I called RCBS they sent 3 free of charge(not even shipping cost). Since then I have seen them in shops for over $5 a pack. Got several green boxes on my shelf also.

crowbeaner
12-18-2007, 04:05 PM
On another website I believe I was referred to as a die snob; these posts validate my existence. Green boxes are what I look for first regardless of caliber. If it breaks, they fix it free; no questions asked. I had to call awhile back and order a new sprue plate for my 30+ year old 38-150-KT mould. No charge and have a great day. I wish everything I owned was backed by such a great policy and people; life would be really good. CB.

ktw
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I really like the quality of the equipment and the quality of the company, but I have found that in most of my die sets the RCBS dies size/expand (work the brass) more than comparable Lyman dies.

For some cartridges where I want to do less sizing/expanding I tend to buy Lyman instead. But that is the only reason.

-ktw

creekwalker
12-18-2007, 06:41 PM
RCBS is the best customer service and warrenty repair company I've ever dealt with. They rebuilt a completly trashed PiggyBack 1 for me, replaced missing parts and upgraded it to PB2. All of this was free of cost, all I did was ship it to them. Uniflows, they've helped me out twice already. They are a company that you can place your full trust in when you purchase a reloading product from them.

Creekwalker

Marshal Kane
12-19-2007, 12:23 PM
On another website I believe I was referred to as a die snob; these posts validate my existence. CB.
On another web site the insinuation was made that anyone not using Lee equipment was a reloading snob. My response drew warnings to "calm down" from the moderators. I should have just considered the source.:(

nicholst55
12-20-2007, 01:13 PM
On another web site the insinuation was made that anyone not using Lee equipment was a reloading snob. My response drew warnings to "calm down" from the moderators. I should have just considered the source.:(

I've been called a dies snob too, because I prefer dies other than Lee. Lee dies work, but that's about all I can say about them. IMHO they oversize case necks, and they don't give you the option of removing the expander ball. Their lock rings also don't LOCK- not for me, anyway. :roll:

RCBS dies are very good, but I do prefer Redding for most applications. Hey, the boxes are still green- just a different shade! I still prefer Lyman dies when loading cast boolits - at least their 'M' dies.

TNsailorman
12-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I think I know the site you speak of - I too have been questioned as to my knowledge and birth origin because I had the audacity to state that RCBS and Dillon have the best customer friendly attitude of the reloading equipment business. I was a dyed in the wool Lee fan years ago but Lee today is not the same company or people that I dealt with in the 60's and 70's. My experience anyway.